Author Topic: Realistic Production Standards  (Read 5301 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: Realistic Production Standards
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2018, 06:45:33 PM »
That sounds like a nightmare honestly.  I would probably want another press at least for that kind of turnaround unless you're planning on focusing solely on that job...

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2018, 07:11:17 AM »
Well, we won't be able to answer these questions. Someone is doing it cheaper. Imagine that.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2018, 08:15:43 AM »
I'm pretty new to high volume stuff, but we are doing doing 2800 impressions a day right now and can't keep up with demand. Have had a few 15k and 20k orders already and have had our auto for like 3 or 4 months. Made a usually slow summer insane, which is a good thing, but now with fall picking back up with "standard" business, those huge jobs clog up the press with low margins vs those 250 to 500 shirt higher color count jobs. If I was hurting for business 80k would be a great way to keep presses running, but I can't help but think you'd make more money with less work on lower volume stuff in that same time, especially this time of year. August and September are our second busiest time of year usually.

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2018, 09:12:30 AM »
Turn the air knobs so the press raises and lowers quicker. You'll find the sweet spot right before it starts to "thud/clang". 2013 press runs 77-80 doz on a left chest. 600/hr is good running with stoppages. Make all other employees make sure your operator can keep running. Keep it running over lunch... so there is no boards to heat up etc. When you need to re-glue boards, have another employee loading ink/wiping screens for fuzzballs. Come in early and get it going so there are shirts falling when everyone else arrives.

Most time wasted: Starting in morning, restarting over lunch, loading inks.

But as we've figured out. Working harder for cheap contract work...isn't worth it. We are down about 100k revenue from last year, but profit is the exact same....and I'm not working 80 hour weeks.
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2018, 02:45:52 PM »

But as we've figured out. Working harder for cheap contract work...isn't worth it. We are down about 100k revenue from last year, but profit is the exact same....and I'm not working 80 hour weeks.

amen to that
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse