Author Topic: Fed Ex must be desperate!  (Read 1810 times)

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Fed Ex must be desperate!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 08:45:30 AM »
I saw on tv the other morning that Amazon is wanting to hire individual delivery services.  You have to have $10,000 in free cash and buy 10 delivery vans eventually needing 20.  You also have to hire and provide benefits to the drivers.  I'm sure there are other requirements but that's what I caught on tv before the coffee kicked in.  That is really going to put a hurt on UPS and Fedex.

Here is the link:  https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/amazon-is-recruiting-entrepreneurs-to-start-delivery-networks.html

I am looking at this a little differently.....Fedex and UPS get hurt a bit by all the Amazon deliveries that go to residential addresses....So this might actually help them make their routes more efficient.....

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 09:20:32 AM »
My first thought on this is FED EX is trying to tie up UPS  with this specifc element of the delivery chain. Think of it as us sendind PITA low profit tee shirt business to our friendly competitor. The difference her are the optics...there is no way UPS can refuse to deliver to UPS owned locations..ll this low profit  off route, PITA or whatever business that FED EX drops has to be picked up by UPS........................... BRILLIANT.......................DILLY DILLY
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2018, 09:44:03 AM »
My first thought on this is FED EX is trying to tie up UPS  with this specifc element of the delivery chain. Think of it as us sendind PITA low profit tee shirt business to our friendly competitor. The difference her are the optics...there is no way UPS can refuse to deliver to UPS owned locations..ll this low profit  off route, PITA or whatever business that FED EX drops has to be picked up by UPS........................... BRILLIANT.......................DILLY DILLY
mooseman

UPS stores tend to be located in strip malls, or other high volume shopping areas,  which, more than likely would afford other near-by deliveries, and, depending on the businesses, pickups as well.

I think that what adds to my confusion is that Fed Ex runs, as two different operations, Fed Ex Ground and Fed Ex Home. I don't know if both are problematic with the UPS store deliveries. (As I mentioned, this is the first time in years that this issue has even occurred, and as I also mentioned, has no consistency)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline merchmonster

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2018, 09:45:44 PM »
I used to do work for Visa, and at the Visa campus they only accept Visa cards. Not that I was planning on breaking out the AMEX anyways, but it makes sense.
key words "...at the Visa campus". Kinda' different scenario.
The people sending stuff to me had a contract with Fed Ex with no mention that certain addresses were off limits every now and then.

Ups wont deliver to your po box...
Merch Monster Screen Printing Embroidery and DTG Direct To Garment Printing
Servicing Oakland CA and the Greater San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.merchmonster.net