Author Topic: Anybody in El Paso area? (chaparral NM to be exact) Local High School needs help  (Read 433 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
As some of you know, Blue Moon supports the SKills USA program (more on it in another post). While at the nationals last week I met a teacher (Sam) from NM that can use some help.
This is a high school program where kids learn various graphic art skills. Screen printing is one of them.
As a chair for the Ohio screenprinting competition and a judge on the national level, I am seeing many schools lacking the knowledge beyond the basics. They all grasp the basic concepts and successfully print, but lack the understanding of the more advanced theory and applications. Great example is that nobody is teaching them to push rather than pull! The tools to measure the screen tension are never discussed. These are some of the things we use in the commercial environments, while they are lacking in the school settings.

Is there anybody here that would be willing to visit Sam in Chaparral, NM and offer some help? This would probably be one or two visits per year and some phone/email support here and there. So not a big commitment and it would be helping the next generation of screen printers start with the right foot forward.

thanx,

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!