Author Topic: Skills USA. Great high school program 4 future screen printers. Can we/TSB help?  (Read 926 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Skills USA teaches high school students how to screen print as part of the regular curriculum. The goal is to have them ready for an entry level position when they graduate. I've been involved through SGIA last few years (on the national level) and have organized the state level competition this year. Next step is to support the teachers in my metro area with few visits, some education and continued education opportunities (one of the teachers is coming to work at the shop for a week to get the first hand experience of what it's like in the "real world".

This is an opportunity for us as a community to help out the schools and ensure the kids going through the program are learning the proper way of doing it. Lot of the teachers only have very basic information and in many cases students are being taught the hobby way of doing things. It would be of great help to us as a community (of screen printers) to teach the kids good commercial practices so when they take the jobs they are actually ready to go on the day one.

'looking for suggestions on how we can help and any offers to visit the schools to help them out.

pierre

p.s. right now NM school (near El Paso) is looking for help and Michigan is trying to set up state competition.

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Alex M

• !!!
I am moving back to Michigan at the end of this month. I would be happy to help how I can with a state competition.
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I am moving back to Michigan at the end of this month. I would be happy to help how I can with a state competition.

GREAT, Thank you!

do you have any customers in El Paso area that might be able to help the school?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Alex M

• !!!
I will take a look in our data base and send you an email if any volunteers!
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
alex@easiway.com

Offline markdhl

• Verified/Junior
I will be glad to help with Michigan as well. PLUS we have Richard Greaves and Alan Howe in Michigan all willing to help as well!!

Alex ... welcome to Michigan!

Mark Diehl
Douthitt Corporation
Detroit, MI
313 515 8635

Offline Alex M

• !!!
First time for the family, back for me. I have always loved the mitten and we have tons of family and property still in the state.
I think between all of us we can put up something really nice for these kids!
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
alex@easiway.com