Author Topic: Help needed for one of our own  (Read 1130 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Help needed for one of our own
« on: July 10, 2018, 11:35:20 PM »
Some of you have heard that I've had to cover for two ppl over the last few months and was thus pretty overwhelmed for a while.
Both of our artists were out, one on maternity leave and the other in the hospital. What I did not say to most was that Will was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and was fighting for his life. He did not make it and passed away peacefully at home.

As most of you in this industry know, none of us are getting rich doing this and Will was no exception. While he had a decent salary for an artist, that is not even close to what's needed to support a family. His wife works, but even with that, times were tough. With Will's passing, the family is in need of some help; for funeral expenses and to cover bills (they had no income for a while as Tina was by his side for several months).

It's been a few years since I've asked for help. It is not something to be done lightly, so please believe me when I say it's needed and it's for a good cause. Will was a great guy and an inspiration to many. One of the nicest ppl I've ever met. AND he was one of us. . .

Please help drive his gofundme campaign to help the family get back on their feet after such a devastating loss.
https://www.gofundme.com/wilson-reyes-fund

Any help would be appreciated, including reaching outside this board for help and/or ideas on what can be done.

thanx,

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline SEPSINK

Re: Help needed for one of our own
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 01:28:29 PM »
Sorry for your loss.
www.seps.ink Color Separations For Screen Printers

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 09:31:40 AM »
Pierre, I typed out 6 things and deleted them all.  I can't find the words.

I donated.  I hope she reaches her goal.  I can't imagine what she's going through.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 10:19:02 AM »
Sorry for your loss, Pierre, smaller shops are like family indeed. Years ago, my boss died from a car accident at 32, we were all just crushed, it's a tough loss. My deepest condolences to his wife and children.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 11:28:45 AM »
thank you to everybody who contributed!

those of you still on the fence, go send $5 just to let them know somebody is thinking of them.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 01:17:54 PM »
Pierre:  thanks for the reminder.

Just made a donation to the cause at Go fund me.
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662