Author Topic: M&R HotHead?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
M&R HotHead?
« on: July 13, 2018, 02:44:03 PM »
Any of you using the M&R Hot head?  I was just looking at the vid, from my first thoughts I'm like yep would love to have that sitting on my press, but at the cost yikes and then ain't that's what the roller squeegee does at a cheaper cost.  You just got to love this industry, so many great tools and problems to solve day in and day out,  but anyway Pros/Cons on the hothead. ;)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline TheGhost

• Verified/Junior
Re: M&R HotHead?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 03:53:17 PM »
What is the cost of the thing? Lost my price sheet we got 2 years ago and I cannot seem to find any info on our "Local Distributor"'s sites.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 06:01:04 PM »
+- 3.5k or so.  The shop I was at got one back in February.  I loved it.  If you are already using a smoothing screen with success - you will see marginal improvements.  It really shines as a first down to smooth out unruly fabric.  Or, if your fabric is really rough, this is when it beats the smoothing screen hands down.

I was happy to have the Hot Head and we used it often.  But depending, it can be situational.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 07:40:03 PM »
We have Hothead and roller. I mean... we thought it would be exceptionally better than the roller, but its meh. I mean it works, but I don't see significant advantages over the roller.
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 10:45:30 AM »
Talk with Dave last week and he gave me a ton of info on the hot head as they use it all the time and for that matter are buying another one.  so from what I get from him it works and is a very good purchase hands down, and just what Collin said Dave said they like to use it to press out the shirt first in most cases.  This such an easy pc of equipment but I know M&R has it nailed down (Patten) so I won't be getting one for my Anatol and don't have room for it anyway.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 07:16:40 PM »
Flattening the shirt before print doesn't help as much as flattening the base white before top colors. Just my two cents.

Anyone who wants to try both before they by stop by in KC, MO anytime.
I spend too much money on equipment...