Author Topic: Greetings from West Michigan USA  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Jeepcachr

Greetings from West Michigan USA
« on: July 24, 2018, 03:34:07 PM »
I'm new to screen printing. The wife bought one of those speedball screen printing starter kits and printed a few shirts, but it was painful. I started watching YouTube videos and decided I could do better than that. I built a 3 platen line press and am now ready to try printing my first shirt. I'm excited to learn more about this. I'm not looking to start a business or print 100's of shirts. We just love to make custom things for friends and family.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Greetings from West Michigan USA
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 03:38:13 PM »
Well, welcome aboard.
Many here probably started as hobbyists, and then graduated to the next level.
Understand that most here are in it for the $, so many answers will likely involve "industrial strength" answers.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 09:35:16 PM »
Congratulations on finding us. ASk away.  I'm sure you will have plenty of questions and we have the friendliest people to answer those.
" I'm not looking to start a business or print 100's of shirts. We just love to make custom things for friends and family"
Yea,  each of of these guys said that initially. LOL.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Robert Clark

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 04:14:12 PM »
Welcome to the Board ! This is one place where you cant ask enough questions as a newer printer. Good luck on your new venture !
Robert Clark
One Stroke Inks
Senior Account Manager
rclark@osinks.com
(800)942-4447