Author Topic: Sidewinder Air Locks  (Read 680 times)

Offline lancasterprinthouse

Sidewinder Air Locks
« on: July 28, 2018, 07:01:48 PM »
I was curious if anyone had and close up photos of the airlock setups on a Sidewinder press. I’m getting a Triloc and understand that airlocks help make the Triloc more efficient. I don’t currently have airlocks but I’ve seen prices of $1,800 to get the kit from M&R. To me that seems expensive but I’m not positive what all that includes or what all is needed. I wanted to check them out to see if this is something I could put together from places like Grainger or if it would be better to just purchase from M&R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BrazosDesigns

Re: Sidewinder Air Locks
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 07:30:44 PM »
Here you go.....  Let me know if you need any other shots of the setup.

BTW - I inverted the connectors and run my airline down through the center shaft and keep it hooked up to a 2 gallon compressor.

Darren

Sidewinder Air Locks
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 08:21:12 PM »
Here you go.....  Let me know if you need any other shots of the setup.

BTW - I inverted the connectors and run my airline down through the center shaft and keep it hooked up to a 2 gallon compressor.

Darren

How are the airlocks themselves attached to the clamp? Or aren’t they? Is the knob there to lower it close enough to airlock down?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:26:22 PM by lancasterprinthouse »

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 09:05:50 PM »
The airlock piston boxes are screwed into the frame and the pistons are screwed to the bar.  The hand tighten screw is there in case you want to screw it down to lock the screen bar in place after you have 'engaged' the airlocks.  I don't screw them down after engaging.  I keep the screw down so that the bar is about about 1/4-1/2 inch above the frame when I insert it so that there is minimal movement when engaging the clamps.

Make sense?  Let me know if you have any questions.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 11:11:35 PM »
The airlock piston boxes are screwed into the frame and the pistons are screwed to the bar.  The hand tighten screw is there in case you want to screw it down to lock the screen bar in place after you have 'engaged' the airlocks.  I don't screw them down after engaging.  I keep the screw down so that the bar is about about 1/4-1/2 inch above the frame when I insert it so that there is minimal movement when engaging the clamps.

Make sense?  Let me know if you have any questions.

I think your side clamps are different from mine. There’s nowhere to mount the airlocks down on the side clamps on mine.

I did find the same air locks that M&R sells for 1/3 the cost. Same mounting points and all. Not sure how I’d mount them though without drilling into my side clamps