Author Topic: Vacuum Platen for 19x25 Stock  (Read 905 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Vacuum Platen for 19x25 Stock
« on: July 30, 2018, 07:32:58 PM »
Anyone know where to get a vac platen that can handle 19x25 stock and accommodate or, preferably, have reg tabs?

20x26 or thereabouts would suit us. 

We initially tried one ryonet was selling and it was melamine and warped so badly on arrival that we sent back and moved on.

Then we had Action make us a couple with honeycomb al but they are exactly 18x24 and of course everyone wants 18x24 prints.   They said they would not make them bigger.

Also tried getting one arm's worth of the super sweet looking s.roque flatstock printing system but no response there, trying again currently to see if it's available in North America.

If we had room for a dedicated flatstock press I would just put one in but we don't for now so we need to get platens on the manual or auto.

Thanks in advance!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: Vacuum Platen for 19x25 Stock
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 07:41:53 PM »
I think you'll need to.build one or have someone build one to spec. They're really simple, and would be quick and cheap for anyone with a cnc to make for you.  Not sure how you would make it work on the auto...

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 08:05:04 PM »
Get an account on Signs 365 and call it a day. We screen printed signs for years on a Mustang semi-auto. I put it into storage a few years ago (you can't even give them away) and send everything out. Design send and at the door the next day. Not worth screwing with anymore.
Tees and Coffee

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 12:13:41 AM »
Also tried getting one arm's worth of the super sweet looking s.roque flatstock printing system but no response there, trying again currently to see if it's available in North America.

Where can I see this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline StinkyDaddy

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 12:49:59 PM »
I made this one to print gig posters and my own art. Used a leftover piece of Omega signboard, some wood strips and plexi with a vacuum cleaner that had a foot switch. It worked until I bought a flatstock press. If I were to do it again I might try using an aluminum screen frame.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 01:28:33 PM »

Where can I see this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F79X0A1n4bc

Again, no response on it's availability from those selling it but it looks pretty sweet.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 02:30:50 PM »
Roq solution is priceyyyyyy
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 02:49:18 PM »
I imagine.  My thought was to get one platen and see if I could pay them to code the press to go from load to nearest head, print, come back for us.

How about mid format autos for flatstock? 

The M&R's look just like the old American clamshells, not a bad thing, just not exactly my thing.  Maybe a good idea for a used machine but time is short for refurbing old presses here.

I really like these Grafica machines, kind of has advantages of a 4 post but smaller footprint but not sure that they are available stateside.  I swore a poster printer or someone was selling them years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVtwls_ndXM

I don't think we truly need a 4post with take off but it would be super nice for transfers and everything to have it.

Offline endhymns

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 02:56:58 PM »
I believe Bill Foust may have been selling a nice little Atma 2 post not unlike the Grafica press you linked. It didn't have a huge print area, but if I remember correctly it would accommodate 20x26.

It may have ended up in Jon Andresen's hands in Indianapolis and had a digitsmith ad floating around.