Author Topic: Ghosting in Poly tees  (Read 1067 times)

Offline siestasol

• Verified/Junior
Ghosting in Poly tees
« on: July 31, 2018, 10:52:29 AM »
Printing a Sportek Iron Grey shirt with poly White ink, the print looks really good when is out the dryer, but when We turn the shirts to do the other side We have some ghosting from previous print. We try underbase with the same poly white , and also We try Barrier, but the same ghosting. My only guest is the dryer, but is running @ 325.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: Ghosting in Poly tees
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 11:00:24 AM »
Some inks do this much worse than others.  Two option: don't stack hot (use a fan on the outfeed, shake the shirt for a sec to cool it, etc), or switch to an ink that doesnt ghost.  I believe the synergy poly is advertised as non-ghosting, though that ink has waaaaay too much puff in it for my liking.  My exit temp with that ink was 320, though i believe 300 is the advertised cure temp, but in our short-ish electric dryer getting a full cure at a lower exit temp wasn't possible.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 11:06:46 AM »
If you are lucky enough to be running any of the PosiCharge Sport Teks, try a regular low bleed ink instead.
Still try to avoid stacking hot.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline StinkyDaddy

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 12:26:01 PM »
I talked to one of the Wilflex ink folks about a poly job I was running a while back. If I remember right, he said the bleed additives in the poly white are the cause of the ghosting and suggested printing a bleed blocker base with regular plastisol white on top.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 10:03:06 AM »
For future jobs, look into low cure ink. ELT & ELT-S from One Stroke help solve a lot of problems.
Nice guys laugh last.

Online cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 10:18:06 AM »
I haven't had a ghosting issues in forever here. We use top score white for pretty much everything poly and have had good success. Had a customer bring in some shirts this week and 6 out of their 75 pieces ghosted really bad. Rest of the order was fine. We didnt change anything on our end from previous orders. I chalked it up to the shirts this time. Printed two poly shirt orders after and zero issues as well. Funny that this topic just came up as we haven't had any issues in years. My two press operators right now had never even seen it. Their mind was boggled.

Offline Streetcreep

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 10:52:16 AM »
What Frog said, check if they are Posi-charge.  Those do not require poly inks.  A good low bleed ink works great on those.