Author Topic: Anybody going to MAGIC in few days?  (Read 3207 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Anybody going to MAGIC in few days?
« on: August 04, 2018, 09:15:08 AM »
I'll be there, would love to meet!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Anybody going to MAGIC in few days?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 08:21:24 AM »
I want to do this show and always have, cant wait to hear your experience.  Do they let anyone come to this?  What credentials do you need?
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 08:22:34 AM »
Is there any benefit to this show for screen printers or are the ones going, doing so to promote a clothing brand?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 09:46:33 AM »
I want to do this show and always have, cant wait to hear your experience.  Do they let anyone come to this?  What credentials do you need?

I go every few years. my main goal is to see what the trends are now and what's coming up in the next few years.
You need to be a buyer to get in for free, otherwise it's pricey. It does take a bit to confirm your buyer status, you have to have business cards and a web page for them to check.

Is there any benefit to this show for screen printers or are the ones going, doing so to promote a clothing brand?

Sourcing section might be relevant to the contract ppl, but I have not had much luck with the few ppl I talked to there.

If you have your own brand, you can get a booth and close sales. Some of the t-shirt vendors are closing millions in sales during the show. I've seen small guys do good there too.

My take is, flights are cheap, hotels even cheaper! For $300 you can go and spend few days at the show and see what's going on. I've met Lon Winters there and we are friends now. 'found a good source for art, learned about decorating trends, got new customers and met with friends that live in the area. Overall, it's been a good investment. This year, I am taking my 6 year old with me this year and we'll go see a real Magic show! She's into fashion, so she'll get to see what it's like behind the scenes.

pierre

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:48:39 AM by blue moon »
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 03:09:24 PM »

I go every few years. my main goal is to see what the trends are now and what's coming up in the next few years.
You need to be a buyer to get in for free, otherwise it's pricey. It does take a bit to confirm your buyer status, you have to have business cards and a web page for them to check.

Sourcing section might be relevant to the contract ppl, but I have not had much luck with the few ppl I talked to there.

If you have your own brand, you can get a booth and close sales. Some of the t-shirt vendors are closing millions in sales during the show. I've seen small guys do good there too.

My take is, flights are cheap, hotels even cheaper! For $300 you can go and spend few days at the show and see what's going on. I've met Lon Winters there and we are friends now. 'found a good source for art, learned about decorating trends, got new customers and met with friends that live in the area. Overall, it's been a good investment. This year, I am taking my 6 year old with me this year and we'll go see a real Magic show! She's into fashion, so she'll get to see what it's like behind the scenes.

pierre

Thanks for the info, I can check off those qualifications easily!  BTW, do they let kids in?  I know ISS had a 16 years of age policy to walk in the door.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 03:31:47 PM »
I called and confirmed before booking tickets. If you get a ticket, you can bring your kid(s) with you and sign a waiver at the show.

you got a little one that can come hang out with Isla?

pierre

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 04:19:46 PM »
I called and confirmed before booking tickets. If you get a ticket, you can bring your kid(s) with you and sign a waiver at the show.

you got a little one that can come hang out with Isla?

pierre

My kid is 9, he wants to go with us to SGIA so bad, we took him 2 years ago, but it prevented my wife from going to the show.  So he is staying home this year.  See you in Vegas.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »
How about we meet at the Pool on tuesday noon?

anybody else? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

pierre

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 06:17:18 PM »
How about we meet at the Pool on tuesday noon?

anybody else? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

pierre

Go Dodgers!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 03:33:36 PM »
At pool now!
I am the only one walking around with a 6 year old in a purple sequin dress!

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 04:30:29 PM »
Go Dodgers!

You must know how unpopular that opinion is around these parts.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 04:47:13 PM »
At pool now!

Matching outfits?

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 06:13:44 PM »
Go Dodgers!

You must know how unpopular that opinion is around these parts.

Hey, I've been up here long enough to remember how unpopular, for many years Los Gigantes were around these parts!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 10:04:05 AM »
At pool now!

Matching outfits?

I tried pulling that off, but it was hopeless! She rocks it though.

Pierre