General > Industry shows

Anybody going to MAGIC in few days?

(1/3) > >>

blue moon:
I'll be there, would love to meet!

pierre

dirkdiggler:
I want to do this show and always have, cant wait to hear your experience.  Do they let anyone come to this?  What credentials do you need?

Nation03:
Is there any benefit to this show for screen printers or are the ones going, doing so to promote a clothing brand?

blue moon:

--- Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 06, 2018, 08:21:24 AM ---I want to do this show and always have, cant wait to hear your experience.  Do they let anyone come to this?  What credentials do you need?

--- End quote ---

I go every few years. my main goal is to see what the trends are now and what's coming up in the next few years.
You need to be a buyer to get in for free, otherwise it's pricey. It does take a bit to confirm your buyer status, you have to have business cards and a web page for them to check.

--- Quote ---Is there any benefit to this show for screen printers or are the ones going, doing so to promote a clothing brand?
--- End quote ---

Sourcing section might be relevant to the contract ppl, but I have not had much luck with the few ppl I talked to there.

If you have your own brand, you can get a booth and close sales. Some of the t-shirt vendors are closing millions in sales during the show. I've seen small guys do good there too.

My take is, flights are cheap, hotels even cheaper! For $300 you can go and spend few days at the show and see what's going on. I've met Lon Winters there and we are friends now. 'found a good source for art, learned about decorating trends, got new customers and met with friends that live in the area. Overall, it's been a good investment. This year, I am taking my 6 year old with me this year and we'll go see a real Magic show! She's into fashion, so she'll get to see what it's like behind the scenes.

pierre

dirkdiggler:

--- Quote from: blue moon on August 06, 2018, 09:46:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 06, 2018, 08:21:24 AM ---I want to do this show and always have, cant wait to hear your experience.  Do they let anyone come to this?  What credentials do you need?

--- End quote ---

I go every few years. my main goal is to see what the trends are now and what's coming up in the next few years.
You need to be a buyer to get in for free, otherwise it's pricey. It does take a bit to confirm your buyer status, you have to have business cards and a web page for them to check.

--- Quote ---Is there any benefit to this show for screen printers or are the ones going, doing so to promote a clothing brand?
--- End quote ---

Sourcing section might be relevant to the contract ppl, but I have not had much luck with the few ppl I talked to there.

If you have your own brand, you can get a booth and close sales. Some of the t-shirt vendors are closing millions in sales during the show. I've seen small guys do good there too.

My take is, flights are cheap, hotels even cheaper! For $300 you can go and spend few days at the show and see what's going on. I've met Lon Winters there and we are friends now. 'found a good source for art, learned about decorating trends, got new customers and met with friends that live in the area. Overall, it's been a good investment. This year, I am taking my 6 year old with me this year and we'll go see a real Magic show! She's into fashion, so she'll get to see what it's like behind the scenes.

pierre

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info, I can check off those qualifications easily!  BTW, do they let kids in?  I know ISS had a 16 years of age policy to walk in the door.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version