Author Topic: hix reten retensionable frames  (Read 1766 times)

Offline 8 ten creations

hix reten retensionable frames
« on: August 04, 2018, 11:30:08 AM »
Ok a couple of weeks ago I got 25 Hix manual reten frames for a couple of bucks a piece. Now I can’t seem to find anyone on the web that makes or sells locking strips for these frames. It looks to me that they had fabric panels in them but fabric was cut out and I thought it had locking strips. Does anyone know were to get locking strips or were to get fabric panels for these screen frames?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ffokazak

Re: hix reten retensionable frames
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 04:18:48 PM »
I think I have around 25 23x31 I would let go for a song...

Offline InkSplash

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 06:50:15 PM »
Ok a couple of weeks ago I got 25 Hix manual reten frames for a couple of bucks a piece. Now I can’t seem to find anyone on the web that makes or sells locking strips for these frames. It looks to me that they had fabric panels in them but fabric was cut out and I thought it had locking strips. Does anyone know were to get locking strips or were to get fabric panels for these screen frames?
I have roughly 150 Hix retens with a boat load of locking strips if interested.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 10:42:16 PM »

In case you have not seen this yet, it might provide additional information on your frames.  I found it interesting.

Takes 2 different kind of locking strips and did you get the Tension Jacks too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV4dJTlVyp8
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 10:45:08 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline shurloc

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »

We actually purchased the RETEN line from HIX about 5 years ago. We don't have them listed on our website because of the confusion of having so many "shur-loc" frame options. We have the frames, tension jacks and locking strips all in stock. Give us a call or shoot an email to ron@shurloc.com and I can send you over some info.
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter