Computers and Software > Computers and Software - General

Registration marks not lining up on film

(1/4) > >>

Cole:
I'm having this issue that is driving me nuts. My registration marks are not lining up after printing the film. I'm using Photoshop CS4 and printing from layers. I have my registrations marks (3 up top, 3 at the bottom) on their own layer that I just keep visible while printing out each spot color. It's not like I have separate reg marks for each color or anything. The registration marks are custom shapes that I created. Not the stock ones from the print dialogue window. I'm printing out of an Epson 7600 using Accurip Black Pearl.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting the issue. No idea if it's a photoshop problem, printer problem, or Accurip problem.

Frog:
Pics would help.
But even so, first question very basic, are all of the plates laid out in the same orientation,  and run in the same direction?

mooseman:

--- Quote from: Frog on August 06, 2018, 05:24:52 PM ---Pics would help.
But even so, first question very basic, are all of the plates laid out in the same orientation,  and run in the same direction?

--- End quote ---

What he said...

Cole:

--- End quote ---

It's not just on press where they aren't lining up, it's on the actual film. When I take the three films and try to stack them/line them up, the marks don't align.

In the pics below, you can see that the top aligns fine, but the bottom is out of registration. I've already printed this job and was able to get the screens registered. All the colors were aligned, but the registration marks were way off from each other.

Hopefully this helps clarify what's going on!

Frog:

--- Quote from: Cole on August 06, 2018, 06:18:07 PM ---

--- End quote ---

It's not just on press where they aren't lining up, it's on the actual film. When I take the three films and try to stack them/line them up, the marks don't align.

In the pics below, you can see that the top aligns fine, but the bottom is out of registration. I've already printed this job and was able to get the screens registered. All the colors were aligned, but the registration marks were way off from each other.

Hopefully this helps clarify what's going on!

--- End quote ---

It doesn't answer my question. Are you laying out all of the films the same way, and priinting them in the same direction?
Most of our printers distort a little, but, consistently.
Rotate a plate 90 degrees, and you could have this problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version