Author Topic: Got an order for printing Adidas Soccer uniforms - what ink?  (Read 1878 times)

Offline BrazosDesigns

Got an order for printing Adidas Soccer uniforms - what ink?
« on: August 09, 2018, 01:38:58 PM »
HI all,

Doing my neighbor a favor.  They bought 50 Adidas Estrada 18 soccer jerseys for me to screen print their logo and put numbers on back.   The jersey package has information about screen printing - recommended to not exceed 248 degrees for direct print or 302 for transfer.  These are navy blue uniforms and lime shock uniforms, each with white accents.

Is it ok to use Wilflex top score white, double hit, and then top coat part of it with another accent color in Rio?  Can I run it through at 300?

Or, should I use my Rio top color, White top score and make a transfer, use transfer powder, and then just do a transfer?

Also, what vinyl would you recommend for the back of these jerseys?  We'll just be using white for the numbers.

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks!
Darren

Online rusty

Re: Got an order for printing Adidas Soccer uniforms - what ink?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 02:02:30 PM »
I would do transfers. and just outsource to take out the guesswork.

edited cause you asked about transfers...duh.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 02:14:46 PM by rusty »

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 02:13:58 PM »
If your afraid of over heating you can get some low temp inks, One stoke has a great inks for just the stuff your printing on check them out www.onestrokeinks.com look at the hybrid,NP Dry fit, but yeah transfers is also a good idea if your unsure of direct printing.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Croft

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 03:27:22 PM »
all I know is of all the companies they cover there a$$ the most with a warning sheet packed with every soccer shirt about printing, luckily Ive only ever done dark ink on light shirts

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 03:29:45 PM »
HI all,

Doing my neighbor a favor.  They bought 50 Adidas Estrada 18 soccer jerseys for me to screen print their logo and put numbers on back.   The jersey package has information about screen printing - recommended to not exceed 248 degrees for direct print or 302 for transfer.  These are navy blue uniforms and lime shock uniforms, each with white accents.

Is it ok to use Wilflex top score white, double hit, and then top coat part of it with another accent color in Rio?  Can I run it through at 300?

Or, should I use my Rio top color, White top score and make a transfer, use transfer powder, and then just do a transfer?

Also, what vinyl would you recommend for the back of these jerseys?  We'll just be using white for the numbers.

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks!
Darren

I would think that if the manufacturer says no more than 248, printing at 300 would be an issue. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 04:00:13 PM »
Like others, I would seek the advice from one of the transfer companies. A poly ink "should" work on the back, but you really need to have one or two to test with. That's what you get for being nice, LOL

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 04:34:45 PM »
Thanks for the info so far.....keep it coming!  I like direct printing on Sportek posicharge (easy to print) but I have had more inquiries for Adidas and Nike.  Expensive to replace!

Regarding vinyl numbering on back - what vinyl would you recommend?  We have been using Siser.   I wouldn't mind something a bit thicker, more durable feeling, though. 

Thanks!
Darren

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 04:58:54 PM »
Printed those exact ones 999999999 times.  Rutland Super Poly White or Wilflex top score white, regular plastisol for colors on top.  Dryer at 360, speed at 28 (sprint 2000) NEVER AN ISSUE FOR ME NEVER!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 07:00:26 AM »
Risk versus reward is a factor.....Probably some level of risk involved with little reward.....My friend's store sells Adidas uniform so I know they can be printed, usually without issue, however, I also know that sometimes it does not work.....Not only are they expensive to replace sometimes inventory is near impossible to get at times of the year...Good luck....

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 09:26:23 AM »
Thanks for the info so far.....keep it coming!  I like direct printing on Sportek posicharge (easy to print) but I have had more inquiries for Adidas and Nike.  Expensive to replace!

Regarding vinyl numbering on back - what vinyl would you recommend?  We have been using Siser.   I wouldn't mind something a bit thicker, more durable feeling, though. 

Thanks!
Darren

Stahls classic Thermo Film would fit the bill.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 10:21:24 AM »
to add to what Frog said Thermo Grip or Gorilla Grip also from stahls
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 10:43:39 AM »
to add to what Frog said Thermo Grip or Gorilla Grip also from stahls

Thermo Grip is the "Thermo Film" for nylon. I see fewer and fewer nylon jerseys nowadays.
Gorilla Grip is thinner, stretchier, and also good for nylon, especially ballistic stuff like nice bags. Really difficult for detailed cad-cut because of a non-sticky carrier.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline AmandaM1221

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 02:53:21 PM »
I think the guys at Garston know a lot about screen printing and can usually recommend some great items depending on the type of substrate or fabric you're using. They've got a ton of ink choices like Wiflex, Union, and Nazdar too.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:39:22 PM by AmandaM1221 »

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 11:00:47 PM »
Got the order printed last week and forgot to update this post:

Order done with great success.

Top Score White - PFPF through a 125mesh (regular, not the LC - have a quart sample of LC on the way, though)
Top prints were Rio mixed to 375U for lime shock and another mixed to Navy blue through a 200mesh
Smooth as butter with almost no hand - which my customers love, compared to the other print shop.

Back numbers with white Siser CadFlex.  I do look forward to try the Stahl's version, but was very impressed with CadFlex.  Was able to order and get it the next day from a Houston distributor.

I appreciate all the responses and wisdom....that's what we're here for!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 09:12:27 AM »
Dirkdiggler does this ALOT, follow his lead  ;D ;D
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com