Industry regulations > OSHA

Workers Comp Claim

(1/3) > >>

mk162:
So, after 33 years in business, we had our first workers comp claim.  It's unfortunate, but thankfully nobody was seriously hurt.  Just a reminder to check up on your WC policy and go over safety procedures(not that this would have been prevented at all).

Also make sure your list of WC approved doctors is hanging in a visible place if it's required in your state...ours is.

I was happy with how fast everybody rallied around and how quickly the EMT's arrived.

GraphicDisorder:
What happened?

We had a employee fall recently (wearing flip flops which is against policy) and offered to use Workers Comp, they declined.

mk162:
He had been feeling a little under the weather, not bad, but he got dizzy and passed out.  Luckily 2 people broke his fall.  He didn't have a seizure, but I guess people can look like they are seizing when they wake back up.  At that point I was thinking...sh1t just got real and we called an EMT at that point.  He needed to go in and get checked out to make sure it wasn't in fact a seizure.

My sister is a nurse, and she works here...that was freaking handy as hell.

Doug B:
  We had an incident here recently and found out that NOBODY but myself had
any kind of first aid or CPR training. That will change right away!

blue moon:

--- Quote from: Doug B on August 16, 2018, 03:19:39 PM ---  We had an incident here recently and found out that NOBODY but myself had
any kind of first aid or CPR training. That will change right away!

--- End quote ---

before you train, work out the legal ramifications of it. It's a big mess! It is similar with fighting fires. Some places do not allow it due to legal problems that can arise.

pierre

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version