Author Topic: tried to be nice  (Read 793 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
tried to be nice
« on: August 17, 2018, 07:04:17 AM »
Earlier this week in a solid down pouring rain a pretty well dressed individual popped  in my open door and asked if I had a hat he could buy.
I actually did,  a brand new typical constructed hat all black no decoration. I handed him the hat, he pulled out his wallet asking how much,  I told him the hat was on me no problem enjoy,  good luck. He sincerely thanked me and ventured back out into the rain with his new hat.
The next day I get two individuals at two different times targeting my shop directly sticking their face in my open door with the question...HEY MAN YOU GOT ANT HATS ?
No I am freash out >:(   Wow I guess when you are an easy mark the word gets around.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: tried to be nice
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 07:18:37 AM »
Something similar here.  We had a young guy that popped in the door a while back.  You could tell he was dirty and maybe didn't have access to a shower as much as needed.  He asked if I had any scrap shirts he could have and a couple of dollars to eat on.  I gave him a couple of new gildans off the shelf and $5. 

He started showing up every other day.  It worked the second time but after that, I turned him down.  With the exception that we had brought a couple of sandwiches for lunch.  I offered him a sandwich because he said he was hungry but he didn't want that.  He must not have been that hungry.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 09:51:54 AM »
I think we all have little stories of trying to be nice and people take advantage of your kindness, behind our shop is an apartment complex, so one morning I see and hear this car coming up the street left side driver wheel flat, the guy is trying to drive to the nearby store to get air, well I have a long air hose on my tank so I yell out for him to pull over.  I pump his tire up and send him on his way so I thought for the next week he was stopping by and asking for air, I had to stop being nice and told him this is the last time get your tire fixed.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:28:25 AM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 11:06:51 AM »
I thing we all have little stories of trying to be nice and people take advantage of your kindness, behind our shop is an apartment complex, so one morning I see and hear this car coming up the street left side driver wheel flat, the guy is trying to drive to the nearby store to get air, well I have a long air hose on my tank so I yell out for him to pull over.  I pump his tire up and send him on his way so I thought for the next week he was stopping by and asking for air, I had to stop being nice and told him this is the last time get your tire fixed.

Or at least a little compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I remember doing that every other morning while I took a shower when I didn't have any money...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't