Author Topic: problem overprinting red  (Read 1418 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: problem overprinting red
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 02:58:40 AM »
underbase is 110, red and grey are 230, 100% cotton shirt, effect is immediate

your red ink is probably both translucent and the deposit is too thin.

start with high opacity ink and then use a thicker stencil. Beware, hi opacity inks do not print well wet on wet and you should probably flash after printing it.

We always print the red right before the flash (and with thicker mesh) to keep it as bright as possible.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 08:49:39 AM »
we always had this issue using wilflex standard epic colors. red and royal always presented an issue for us with the inks changing color a bit. when we started using their Rio system, the inks are a more opaque. now if someone asks for a standard red over an underbase, we use the Rio red directly out of the bucket, no mix. it covers great and has no issues going through higher meshes.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2018, 01:45:03 PM »
Yup, try an HO red printed last and you should be good.  Cardinals are the worst around here.  Those and blues.  For overprinting we switched over to either Smart Series or the Comfort FF Series.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2018, 01:47:28 PM »
Not idea and production friendly, but you can flash the red and reprint, I've had to do this a time or two, can't remember what blend shirt it was that I had this problem on.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!