Author Topic: Sgreen filtration system  (Read 1756 times)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Sgreen filtration system
« on: August 22, 2018, 07:31:10 AM »
We plan to upgrade our current filtration system and are looking heavily at the Sgreen.
Anyone care to share some real world opinions on it?

We currently use a Blackline FilterOne.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Sgreen filtration system
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 10:36:32 AM »
we have 3 of them.

They work great, but you Absolutely have to have pre-solid collection before hand.

There is a fantastic video that Pierre had made, on how they have it set up at their shop. We def. copied some of it.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline BlueMoonMatt

• Production Manager at Blue Moon
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 11:59:36 AM »
we have 3 of them.

They work great, but you Absolutely have to have pre-solid collection before hand.

There is a fantastic video that Pierre had made, on how they have it set up at their shop. We def. copied some of it.

That's me in the video! Here's a link.
https://youtu.be/SJ-p2M_1MJo

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 12:01:10 PM »
Ditto what Eric said.  Unit does not work standalone, requires at least one settling stage ahead of the unit.  I think the ryonet unit would perform best as stage 3 of a 3 step system after two settling stages.  We just overhauled our reclaim area and I haven't set up our settling tank so we've had to forgo the cart filters as they will clog instantly.

Additional filter media, like furnace filters or paint filters helps to keep the chunkies out of the first screen.

It's built fine and works reliably but I'm not sure it would be an upgrade from your system- it's a few screens at progressively higher mcs, with a small two part tank, sump pump and a couple of cart filters at the end.  I think that's about what the blackline unit is right? 

You could possibly use both units with the first filtering coarser particles and serving as a settling tank.

Outside of settling + units like these the only other options I've seen, aside from building your own mini wastewater treatment plant on site, is the CCI clearwater units but those are way bigger bucks than the ones we're discussing here.

That video sums it up really well.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 03:07:14 PM »
on average, we are doing anywhere from 40-60 screens a day. It holds up really well, with 2 settling tanks ahead of it, but as soon as we use our dehazer, it CRUSHES those micro filters, and we have cases on them on hand.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 09:19:25 AM »
We use the Blackline here, it really help with the environmental regulations. Might I ask why you're looking at a different system?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 08:52:40 AM »
We use the Blackline here, it really help with the environmental regulations. Might I ask why you're looking at a different system?

Steve

Mostly volume. We feel like the Blackline can’t keep up. I like the settling tanks set up and plan to build a copy of that. Picked up a couple blue barrels on Craigslist for next to nothing. 
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 05:05:22 PM »

Steve

Mostly volume. We feel like the Blackline can’t keep up. I like the settling tanks set up and plan to build a copy of that. Picked up a couple blue barrels on Craigslist for next to nothing.
make sure they are polypropylene. PVC will dissolve with the ink degrader. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 03:17:19 PM »
Water filtration has become my new obsession.

We had the sgreen under the new holland screen washer and after a few weeks of fab work i made a better under sink unit to handle the larger volume of water discharge with less maintenence. The green works great, just not for the volume we throw at it. Solids made their way to the end of the line and that was with daily cleaning.

A different filter design with settling sections and the discharge water is just pink right now. Its been going strong now for a week and havent touched a filter yet, and when you do, pull old filter, put in new and done just like that.

Have more filters on the way for stage two treatment and by the end of next week, we’ll be recyclng reclaim water for the screen washer.

My plan is to have the under sink filter ready for sale by the end of the year.

If you want on the tester list to demo the unit pm me and you might get one.

Plastic welding has become my new hobby.. good luck with adhesives and Polypropylene. I did find the good stuff, welding is more economical.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:24:01 PM by jsheridan »
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 08:39:03 AM »
Grats on getting that up and Running John!

Did you need to make more adjustments from last we talked?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »

Good to have you out here, we ran some white and black flock the other day and Jr was just cruising along on the oval. The good gold foil came in and that job ran like like cake as well.

Came in over the weekend and finished the fab and welding. Placed fhe filters and put it under the washer and ran a bunch of screens through and bingo bango! worked perfecto. Make a couple of tweeks and version two is on the planning table
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 09:30:27 AM »

Good to have you out here, we ran some white and black flock the other day and Jr was just cruising along on the oval. The good gold foil came in and that job ran like like cake as well.

Came in over the weekend and finished the fab and welding. Placed fhe filters and put it under the washer and ran a bunch of screens through and bingo bango! worked perfecto. Make a couple of tweeks and version two is on the planning table

Frikin awesome John.  Have you had a chance to check the end ph yet?

That Jr is able to walk around like foil and flock is just another job, is testament to how well Danny has nailed the processes!

Thanks again to both of you for having me in last week.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline DonR

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 02:52:11 PM »
Tired of changing filters and this thread inspired me. I put this together this morning. We are very tight on space in washout so it had to all fit under the sink. This mini settling system has three stages before going into the Sgreen filter. First stage is just a 4" pvc drain pipe which we will clean out weekly. The other two stages are 23" tall ingredient bins. Just makes it under the sink with the sgreen behind it. Hopefully, it will work well enough to cut down on the filter changing.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 07:43:10 AM »
Cool design. I like the smaller set up. Where did you get the bins?
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline DonR

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 08:27:11 AM »
The bins are from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C56M9SM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used 1.5" bulkheads but if I was doing it again, I would use 1" bulkheads and hose. Also made a low profile dolly to put under it using 2" casters. You don't have much room to work with. The top of the Sgreen is 23" and the bottom of my CCI sink is 27". Each stage should be a bit lower than the prior stage to keep the water flowing downhill. No water has gone thru this design yet, so I don't know if it's going to work at all.