Author Topic: Lets Play Another Round of ... "HOW WOULD YOU PRINT THIS?"  (Read 1031 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Lets Play Another Round of ... "HOW WOULD YOU PRINT THIS?"
« on: August 22, 2018, 02:08:55 PM »
Printing on Heather Grey The 2 squares are the PMS colors that need to Match, but I have some darker areas, in both the gold and blue...
Im probably over thinking it, but I thought Id see what you all would do.

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Re: Lets Play Another Round of ... "HOW WOULD YOU PRINT THIS?"
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 02:28:05 PM »
I Think I figured it out...
Nevermind.

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 02:53:31 PM »
Im very new to making adjustments to the base with halftones, but I think this will work.  I was looking at it as a 5 color, but I think we are set with 3 total and adjusting the % on the darker areas allowing the shirt to darken the inks a little.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 05:32:10 PM »
you should add the process black and most likely a higlight white to make it look good. Depending on the shirt color, you might get away with no hiwhite, but it will give you more detail.

send it to Dot Tone Dan (or some other pro separator) to get going with simulated. They will know how to do this and you can eliminate the guesswork. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 06:21:46 PM »
Cmy  very little M and no black

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 07:01:35 PM »
I'm not sure I understand.  Are you saying the customer thinks you can achieve this with just the two colors to match?
What color shirts?How many colors are you able to use?
It is possible to do it as Tony mentioned. Pierre's option is the more common approach and works well also.
You're right, you would need to really finagle the underbase a lot.   I don't see it happening right with just three colors tho unless it's on dark or black tees.Is that a Base, Yellow and blue?  You def need your own green.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 07:04:49 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 08:35:41 PM »
4 clr example.   The bottom would be the seps composite.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 11:54:53 PM »
4 clr example.   The bottom would be the seps composite.
My gosh Dan! I need to learn from you!!!

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 12:32:31 AM »
Easier just to pay him.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 09:17:00 AM »
Easier just to pay him.

Yes, it's easier to just pay him, he's excellent, and very reasonable. You can learn to do it as well, but it's painful sometimes.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 11:03:11 AM »
Easier just to pay him.

Yes, it's easier to just pay him, he's excellent, and very reasonable. You can learn to do it as well, but it's painful sometimes.

Steve
Oh Trust me, Dan has done many sep jobs for me before.  He is great.  Its just a skill I really want to hone in for myself. 

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 11:08:27 AM »
I'm not sure I understand.  Are you saying the customer thinks you can achieve this with just the two colors to match?
What color shirts?How many colors are you able to use?
It is possible to do it as Tony mentioned. Pierre's option is the more common approach and works well also.
You're right, you would need to really finagle the underbase a lot.   I don't see it happening right with just three colors tho unless it's on dark or black tees.Is that a Base, Yellow and blue?  You def need your own green.
Hey Dan,
So the customer quoted this as a 3 color.  Not including the white, so techincally a 4 color.  I forgot to mention the green spot that was in the art.
The shirts are heather grey, and I can run 6 colors on it.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 08:31:40 PM »
I'll send you this one. It's based off of the jpg image you put up, but once printed will not look much different than a high rez.ready to go.