Author Topic: Epson SureColor P800SP Film Output Printer and Output Printer questions  (Read 1284 times)

Offline AAP

Hello TSB,

After 6 years, my Epson 1430 finally gave out so it's time to upgrade.  Was looking into getting the Epson SureColor P800SP Film Output Printer from screenprinting.com since it's the screen printer edition and it comes with accurip which I need.  Does anyone on the forum have the specific printer?  Whats your experiences with the printer? Pros and cons? 

What other output printers would you guys recommend?

We are a small based shop and we print about 15-25 films every other day so the speed of the printer isn't a big factor for me.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Epson SureColor P800SP Film Output Printer and Output Printer questions
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 03:51:41 PM »
Read the specs, it's painfully slow. We almost went with it until  I read "up to 4 full size films per hour" ???? So we went with the T3270, it's been a year and a half, and all is well, after the occasional bump in the road...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline avogel

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 04:24:00 PM »
We bought the P800 screen print edition about 8 months ago. I would not recommend it to anyone. It is about half the speed of the 1430 we had and our ink costs are about double with this printer. The positive is that it prints 17" wide and will print rolls or sheets. We have saved on film costs by using rolls. If you already have Accurip Black Pearl it doesn't work with this printer. The Accurip that comes with the P800 printer doesn't have as many options to control the amount of ink you put down as Black Pearl.

Offline AAP

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 04:53:23 PM »
Read the specs, it's painfully slow. We almost went with it until  I read "up to 4 full size films per hour" ???? So we went with the T3270, it's been a year and a half, and all is well, after the occasional bump in the road...

Steve

Wow! Seems like a down grade from my 1430.  Will be looking into the T3270!  Thanks!

We bought the P800 screen print edition about 8 months ago. I would not recommend it to anyone. It is about half the speed of the 1430 we had and our ink costs are about double with this printer. The positive is that it prints 17" wide and will print rolls or sheets. We have saved on film costs by using rolls. If you already have Accurip Black Pearl it doesn't work with this printer. The Accurip that comes with the P800 printer doesn't have as many options to control the amount of ink you put down as Black Pearl.

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 10:10:39 AM »
We bought ours without Black Pearl, as we were already AccrRIP users, and they gave us the upgrade for $150.00, so we ended up buying the printer from B&H Photo online for $1800+.

Steve

Offline gotshirtz001

Epson SureColor P800SP Film Output Printer and Output Printer questions
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 10:59:31 AM »
It works fine for me. I got my whole SP package (withRIP) for about $1400 through Nazdar after rebates and sales coupons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 11:13:01 AM by gotshirtz001 »
I'm flexible until I'm not

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 11:03:35 AM »
It works fine for me. I got my whole SP package for about$1400 through Nazdar after rebates and sales coupons

I'm sure it prints correctly, but how's the speed of the output? That's what made me go up a model...

Steve

Offline gotshirtz001

Epson SureColor P800SP Film Output Printer and Output Printer questions
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 11:15:53 AM »
It works fine for me. I got my whole SP package for about$1400 through Nazdar after rebates and sales coupons

I'm sure it prints correctly, but how's the speed of the output? That's what made me go up a model...

Steve

Not fast but not as slow as advertised above. I print part time so my needs are far simpler than a large shop. I’d say that I’ve never waited more than 15-20 mins for a run of films. That said, I just press PRINT and then busy myself with other things and come back.

I'm flexible until I'm not

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 01:24:31 PM »
P800 has the small cart doesn't it? Like 90ml, the t3270 is 700 ml more expensive in beginning but makes up in speed and ink cost.
I bought my t3270 from - http://www.filmdirectonline.com/  great to work with.
Shane

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 03:17:36 PM »
if on a budget, the 4880 still is one of the best choices out there. I just bought one for $400 to take home and print photos. They use 220ml cartridges that are $100 and run 17" film.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!