Author Topic: CTS Head Failure - How to tell?  (Read 6109 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: CTS Head Failure - How to tell?
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2018, 12:51:12 AM »
Hey Dan,

I think the other thread above this has way more action and answers but all is okay so far. There have been a few slight issues but it is avoidable. Let me say this - find your shop and emulsion sweet spot when it comes to humidity and temp and stay there year round. Also with screens exposed and taped. It's easier for us since New Orleans is a fish bowl and we don't have these dramatic swings in weather. It's hot and humid all year most of the time. When it drops temp we have a day or so notice and can think / plan ahead for it. You guys with 4 seasons, get busy documenting.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
Re: CTS Head Failure - How to tell?
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2018, 06:07:06 PM »
I can understand your frustration. There is nothing like having the same issues over a long period of time with the (supposed) experts not being able to find anything.

It's there, (the answer) but it's something that they just don't see yet and don't know where/how to attack the problem. They really are good at what they do, but you have to remember, these DTS machines are not like a Ford or Chevy. They haven't been around for years and years with every home mechanic being able to know them inside and out. The techs are far and few between and takes some time to get really familiar with them. They are skilled techs and even the newest Tech knows more about these machines that anyone on the outside. Some have said "Awe, it's just a printer", but it's more, much more than just a printer. Simple yet complex. I know Alex very well and he is indeed a good guy. He is excellent at his job and he will send in the most available yet the most skilled for the specific problem at hand.

Your problem will get fixed. They always do. The question is, how long will that take.

At least they will get it fixed once they figure out the issue. Imagine having a press with bent shaft and a manufacturer refusing to fix it!!!

pierre

Two things:

1. I remember hearing about your press having a defect. Is the shaft what you’re talking about? Curious how you could tell it is bent.

2. Are you still doing the film readings for people? I’ve been trying to find the right tool but have had zero luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk