Author Topic: Player Names on Raglan Sleeve Jerseys  (Read 765 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Player Names on Raglan Sleeve Jerseys
« on: August 25, 2018, 07:01:18 PM »
Just started noticing a trend in Raglan sleeved youth soccer jerseys.
My normal 2" die cut letters certainly won't fit many names, and even condensing the heck out of the letters with cad-cut some are still a challenge to "stay within the lines"
Does anybody break the rules and go over the seams?
btw, smallest size on an order today needs the name THEODROPOULOS.
I've always joked with my custies that it never fails that the small shirt needs HUSAKOWSKI and the largest, LEE

Oh, and they really like the way it looks condensed, so no problem on this job, but, still enquiring minds want to know.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline aauusa

Re: Player Names on Raglan Sleeve Jerseys
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 08:33:07 PM »
Never.     2”-8” is what we do.   Standard on all you jerseys. Football is 2.5”-10”

Offline cyw

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 11:19:49 AM »
Never.
Even being a big rule breaker from way back when, that’s a line I’d never cross. Pun intended. Squish or arc the text, crossing the sleeve seam would look ridiculous and totally unprofessional in my opinion.
For even a different alternative, I wouldn’t hesitate a second, placing the name right above the hem at the bottom back of the shirt. As long as the shirts aren’t required to be tucked in, I’ve got plenty of teams that opt for that placement.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 01:30:03 PM »
I think the Atlanta United jerseys here have arched names with their raglan sleeves.

Straight text would have 2 options...modify the font, or move it lower on the back.  I would avoid going over the seams.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 02:57:05 PM »
Yeah, I have never jumped the seams, and have just condensed as much as was needed for each specific instance.
Interestingly, a normal curve makes a normal name a little wider. With luck, though, the increase in width of the shirt due to the seam angle makes up for this.
Otherwise, you can end up with arches so sharp that the name goes way down the number. And these examples aren't even Raglans!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:59:36 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?