Author Topic: Sewing  (Read 943 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Sewing
« on: August 30, 2018, 01:58:06 PM »
For a number of reasons, we're looking at bringing sewing in house.   One station for doing labels, patches, etc.   Zero experience with any of this personally, we have a few staff that can sew but nobody with experience on commercial equipment. 

I read through some posts praising the Juki models, thanks to those who shared there.

What's the best all arounder commercial sewing machine for labels and patches with minimal skill level? 

Going to reach out about a Juki model for us first but, browsing around, I found this thing which is kind of intriguing:
https://www.brother-usa.com/products/7905387
One has to wonder if it actually works effectively but it seemed like a possibly good approach v. having a bunch of different tooling for various things getting sewn on.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: Sewing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 02:20:54 PM »
This is probably way below what you're looking for, but my brother got into embroidery not too long ago and he picked up one of these for doing patches and twill. He's self taught for the most part so I guess that is a testament to it being beginner friendly.

https://www.amazon.com/SINGER-4423-Stitches-Decorative-Automatic/dp/B003VWXZQ0/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1535653128&sr=1-3-spons&keywords=singer+sewing+machine&psc=1

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 02:32:21 PM »
Before I bought the Singer I would buy a Hello Kitty Janome...not even joking.  We have both at home and I have no idea why I spent $600 on a Janome when the $200 HK version literally works just as well.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 09:56:41 PM »
You would be surprised what you will find on Craigslist and so forth. You can get industrial models for $300 bucks or less and built in the 50's so they last. Still run today. You just need simple sewing on most items like patches. For more complex yes go new

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 03:54:08 PM »
thanks for the tips everyone.

I'm actually way ok spending the coin on a machine that requires less operator skill, the more automation the better.  We are restricted on shop space in our area so one machine that can work fast is better than a number of slower (but more affordable) ones.