screen printing > Non Textile

Roland Versacamm Sp-300i

(1/2) > >>

im_mcguire:
There is a new one of these near me for cheap that has never been used. Has anyone here used this machine and would you recommend it for a first time printer, to test sticker printing, vinyl cutting and banners?

dsh:
I bought a show demo 2 years ago and I've never regretted it.  I had never printed vinyl before, and I only use it on textiles.  Very handy for names, and small orders below minimums.  It's pretty easy to learn.

ericheartsu:
i think we have a vs300i, and we use it everyday. very easy to use, just don't work great for die cut vinyl.

im_mcguire:

--- Quote from: ericheartsu on August 31, 2018, 10:21:51 AM ---i think we have a vs300i, and we use it everyday. very easy to use, just don't work great for die cut vinyl.

--- End quote ---
Damn. That was the main thing I was wanting it for...

Frog:

--- Quote from: im_mcguire on August 31, 2018, 11:14:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: ericheartsu on August 31, 2018, 10:21:51 AM ---i think we have a vs300i, and we use it everyday. very easy to use, just don't work great for die cut vinyl.

--- End quote ---
Damn. That was the main thing I was wanting it for...

--- End quote ---

Am I correct that die cut, for instance, would cut out a circle of both the sticker and it's carrier sheet, while the typical vinyl cutter would just cut the sticker?
Of course, by definition, Die cuts use dies to cut, not a computerized blade.
So, I am not exactly sure what was meant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version