Author Topic: Roland Versacamm Sp-300i  (Read 3108 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Roland Versacamm Sp-300i
« on: August 31, 2018, 12:02:10 AM »
There is a new one of these near me for cheap that has never been used. Has anyone here used this machine and would you recommend it for a first time printer, to test sticker printing, vinyl cutting and banners?

Offline dsh

Re: Roland Versacamm Sp-300i
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 06:15:10 AM »
I bought a show demo 2 years ago and I've never regretted it.  I had never printed vinyl before, and I only use it on textiles.  Very handy for names, and small orders below minimums.  It's pretty easy to learn.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 10:21:51 AM »
i think we have a vs300i, and we use it everyday. very easy to use, just don't work great for die cut vinyl.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 11:14:35 AM »
i think we have a vs300i, and we use it everyday. very easy to use, just don't work great for die cut vinyl.
Damn. That was the main thing I was wanting it for...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 11:46:06 AM »
Damn. That was the main thing I was wanting it for...

Am I correct that die cut, for instance, would cut out a circle of both the sticker and it's carrier sheet, while the typical vinyl cutter would just cut the sticker?
Of course, by definition, Die cuts use dies to cut, not a computerized blade.
So, I am not exactly sure what was meant.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »
So even those these machines technically can cut through the carrier paper, you'll go through blades and strips weekly, and depending on your volume, maybe even quicker than that. We ended up buying a cutter, through graphtec that solved that problem.

If you don't plan on going through the backing carrier, you'll be fine! 
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 01:08:14 PM »
So even those these machines technically can cut through the carrier paper, you'll go through blades and strips weekly, and depending on your volume, maybe even quicker than that. We ended up buying a cutter, through graphtec that solved that problem.

If you don't plan on going through the backing carrier, you'll be fine!

With my little Graphtec CE6000-40 I did get a cutting mat/sheet for this purpose, but have never used it.

And I have someone print stickers for me on a Versacamm, and so far, all of my clients were fine with a kiss-cut.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 02:49:42 PM »
With my little Graphtec CE6000-40 I did get a cutting mat/sheet for this purpose, but have never used it.

And I have someone print stickers for me on a Versacamm, and so far, all of my clients were fine with a kiss-cut.

If you dial in the settings just right you can die cut on the Graphtec too without a cutting mat. Switch to 60 degree blades and know that you'll have to replace the cutting strip eventually (they're only like $15).