Author Topic: HELP: darker clear background when I print my design on transparencies  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: HELP: darker clear background when I print my design on transparencies
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2018, 03:40:30 PM »

I was also really ticked at myself for not knowing.  But there really isn't a way unless you google search every image that comes your way.
I have gotten to the point of temporarily posting a pic of customer-supplied art here, in the administrators section, to then be able to right click a Google search for the image. I plead a lot of ignorance on Rap and Metal logos that others would instantly recognize.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2018, 01:06:17 PM »
Just to confirm, is that only one piece of film? From the picture, it looks like a smaller piece stacked with a larger piece.

Are you seeing a fine halftone pattern anywhere outside of your main image?

What inks are you using? Standard Epson, or something else?

I looked up the Epson Surecolor p400, and I see that it includes "gloss optimizer". If you've got just one piece of film, and no halftone pattern showing, my first guess is that your printer is printing the gloss optimizer across the whole surface of the film. I'd look for a way to turn that off, and see if that fixes the problem.

I turned off the "Gloss Optimization" and it worked!! Thank you so much - no more white box around my designs  :)

Glad it worked!
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2018, 01:17:15 PM »

I was also really ticked at myself for not knowing.  But there really isn't a way unless you google search every image that comes your way.
I have gotten to the point of temporarily posting a pic of customer-supplied art here, in the administrators section, to then be able to right click a Google search for the image. I plead a lot of ignorance on Rap and Metal logos that others would instantly recognize.

On the rare occasions I have reason to suspect "borrowed" art, I'll look it up on TinEye.com. It's an image-based search engine. But our Terms of Service also put the responsibility for customer supplied art on them. There are far too many sources of obscure imagery to know (or guess) at whether the customer is using it legitimately or not.
Nice guys laugh last.