Author Topic: Working with Effects in Illy  (Read 2203 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Working with Effects in Illy
« on: September 10, 2018, 12:57:12 PM »
Got a question here, I did this before but for the life of me I can't remember how I did it, I'm using an effect in Illy on a pc of art the texture effect, how do I get that effect to print as a vector from illy alone with the rest of the art maybe expand it? or do i need to take the whole pc into photoshop which I think I had to do before. I'm posting a pic and the art that is the texture effect is the green and white everything else is spot colors.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: Working with Effects in Illy
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 03:12:10 PM »
Taking it into PS is the only way I've ever been able to do it but I'm interested also if someone else has a different solution.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 11:51:26 PM »
Not sure what effect you used, but if you are able to assign a spot color to the effect, it can typically be output straight from illustrator.

I do this with outer glows for neon effects often, but you need to be able to assign a spot color.

It looks like you did a textured effect in the grass, so you could take that into photoshop and make a bitmap overlay and use the rest of the image from illustrator just with the texture overlay.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 08:18:34 AM »
This is what I would do to; you could save the texture as either a grayscale or bitmap tiff, and import it into Illy, and you are able to use any of the colors in your pallet on it.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 10:27:42 AM »
Ok I'll try those ideas, but I created the effect in Illy to start with, so I may have to take into photoshop and save it then bounce back to Illy.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!