Author Topic: screen not making contact with tri-loc stop block  (Read 803 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
screen not making contact with tri-loc stop block
« on: September 11, 2018, 12:34:16 AM »
We have a couple of stations on our press where we can`t get the screens to make contact with the front stop block on our tri loc pallet. All the other stations are fine. Kind of wondering what might be causing this. Maybe the screen holders are not leveled correctly on those stations or the pallets on those stations are not level?
It`s a tiny gap of 0.019 inches, enough to bother me. Now without locking the screen I can get the screen to make full contact but once I apply the air locks there is a gap.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: screen not making contact with tri-loc stop block
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 06:14:47 AM »
sounds like a warped screen, are these rollers or statics? we use statics and see this once in a while. no big deal, just reef on the screen a bit to draw it back in...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline tse1990

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 12:44:22 PM »
sounds like a warped screen, are these rollers or statics? we use statics and see this once in a while. no big deal, just reef on the screen a bit to draw it back in...

We also use statics and had this. We did a maintenance period where each screen was tested for flatness and gently bent before going back into rotation. It took some time but cleaned up our tri-loc registration process.

Of course it never hurts to check if your press is parallelled.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 11:08:31 PM »

We also use statics and had this. We did a maintenance period where each screen was tested for flatness and gently bent before going back into rotation. It took some time but cleaned up our tri-loc registration process.

We use both rollers (M3 and MX) and static frames. It`s happening on every screen i put in station 6. The other stations are fine for the same screens. Tells me it might be an issue with the screen holders either not being level?

Offline kirkwad

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 08:20:36 AM »

We use both rollers (M3 and MX) and static frames. It`s happening on every screen i put in station 6. The other stations are fine for the same screens. Tells me it might be an issue with the screen holders either not being level?

The screen holder is probably off. Use a good flat screen, have your off-contact at the highest setting, & go through every head with that screen locked in. Put 4 quarters in the 4 corners of a pallet. Your screen should just be making contact with the quarters. Adjust any screen holders that are not uniform to this.