Author Topic: Wasatch SoftRip 7.2 for Films and Dye Sub on Epson 4880  (Read 1872 times)

Offline BrazosDesigns

Wasatch SoftRip 7.2 for Films and Dye Sub on Epson 4880
« on: February 27, 2019, 06:32:18 PM »
Has anyone been successful in getting Wasatch SoftRip setup as a dual ink setup for screen black on the left inks and sub ink on the right inks?  Dual Cmyk?  I have version 7.2, but it should be similar for most versions.

I have an Epson 4800 that I have film black ink in channel 1 (black) and have used that for about 3 years.  I recently picked up an Epson 4880 on a 'for parts' craigslist and got that refurbed and ready for service.  These aren't small printers, but very reliable.  I wouldn't do sub everyday, so having one printer setup with film ink and sub that I could print a test print on each day would help keep it from clogging.

I'd like one machine for the dual use and have the other machine as a backup in the closet (with cleaning solution in carts, of course).

Any guidance on setting this up, or if it was such a pita that I should just setup the 4880 with all 8 channels of sub ink.  I'd rather just use 4 sub inks if possible and not a huge quality difference.

Thanks!
Darren