Author Topic: Little things that annoy me (join in and get it off of your chest)  (Read 1568 times)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Re: Little things that annoy me (join in and get it off of your chest)
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 06:26:19 AM »
Cell phone screenshot of their Custom Ink design is their “artwork file”.

Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline BP

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 06:34:48 AM »
LOL!
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 08:07:51 AM »
Client doesn't understand why UPS / FedEx / DHL guy can't be there exactly at 3:08 sharp. Or why the UPS / FedEx / DHL guy can't wait 2 hours for them since they have to signature
As an ex UPS driver, I can't tell you how many times I had customers ticked because I couldn't wait 15 minutes until they called their supplier to figure out why they shipped the wrong thing. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 09:09:09 AM »
Client doesn't understand why UPS / FedEx / DHL guy can't be there exactly at 3:08 sharp. Or why the UPS / FedEx / DHL guy can't wait 2 hours for them since they have to signature
As an ex UPS driver, I can't tell you how many times I had customers ticked because I couldn't wait 15 minutes until they called their supplier to figure out why they shipped the wrong thing.

Wow, not your fault/problem.  Did they magically think you have the right thing on the truck?

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 10:25:34 AM »

Wow, not your fault/problem.  Did they magically think you have the right thing on the truck?
Usually they thought I could do something about it.  I think the most annoying thing I dealt with in my 10 years as a driver was that you were allotted so much time per package whether it was a envelope or a 50 lb box of copy paper.  Anytime you were delayed on each package came off of your lunch hour.  I would go in and the person in receiving would be on the phone and doodling little drawing/scribbles or whatever but not take time to sign for their packages.  I would usually weight a couple of minutes and start wheeling the stuff out the door.  I had one guy after delaying me scream out "wait I need that stuff, to which I replied "you must not of needed it that bad" they called in a complaint but from then on stopped their piddling and signed for their stuff.  We are talking about a company that wants you to take time off of your lunch for stopping to take a leak.  Now I understand that it is much worse working there.  I've been gone from there 18 years.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 11:59:09 AM »
Requests for quotes, with no quantity included! And after you ask, "we don't really know yet..." But I've discovered a turnaround that sometimes works: I ask them to tell me what budget they've got to work with. Then I provide a quote, and tell them the quantity they can get for the money.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 12:43:25 PM »
I've just been inspired.
The next time I get one of those "how much are shirts?" before any details are given.
" 'bout the same as a hamburger"

In my area I see them range from about $3 - $20. That covers most of my shirts (as long as they don't want fries or even upgrade to onion rings or fried zucchini).

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 01:40:31 PM »
I've just been inspired.
The next time I get one of those "how much are shirts?" before any details are given.
" 'bout the same as a hamburger"

In my area I see them range from about $3 - $20. That covers most of my shirts (as long as they don't want fries or even upgrade to onion rings or fried zucchini).

When they ask how much are your shirts?  I want to tell them and sometimes do to go to a used car dealership that sells anything from a Ford Focus to a Used Mercedes and ask them how much are your cars?

Offline Audifox

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 01:42:43 PM »
Had a newbie customer ask me about a dryer we had for sale.
They asked me if they put a blank t-shirt through it, would it come out printed.

Maybe the Keebler Elves have a new job, they don't make just cookies anymore.... ;D

Where do I find a dryer like that? That would solve all kinds of problems...... ;)

Offline dsh

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 02:17:15 PM »
When ask how much I charge for T-shirts, my reply is  as much as I can.