Author Topic: Conveyor Dryer  (Read 1343 times)

Offline yoonbokim

• Verified/Junior
Conveyor Dryer
« on: September 18, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »
What conveyor dryer do you guy thinks would be the best fit for my workhorse sabre 8/6?

Also, what are the top things I should keep in consideration choosing a conveyor dryer to buy?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Conveyor Dryer
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 09:03:29 AM »
almost everybody here will agree that gas is the way to go (if you can).

Call Winston and have him set you up with a used one. It's half price for a fully refurbished unit with the same warranty as the original. Your first press should be new, but my thinking is that you can get away with a used dryer. They are pretty simple machines. . .

We have an MD-8 and are supper happy with it.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 10:19:45 AM »
we have an MD-8 and I would buy one again in a heartbeat.  We bought new 10 years ago.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 11:53:08 AM »
Not to hijack this thread, but  we have a laundry mat next door to us and they have these two huge gas tanks sitting outback, our washout also sits outside in our fence inside area.  I'm out cleaning screens one morning and the gas guy comes up to fill up there tanks, guy breaks the seal on the tank and propane gas starts going everywhere I had to leave the wash out, close our doors because the gas had started filling our shop and us with a flash running and dryer going, talking about a smell and heart pounding, that dude was busting his butt trying to shut that gas off, took a few hours to air the shop out, plus my wife started feeling sick from the smell.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 05:16:02 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 01:45:27 PM »
Google what happened in Mass. over the weekend, someone screwed up at a gas company, and houses started receiving gas pressure that was up 12X! 70+ fires. It just takes one mistake...

Steve

Ditto on the MD-8, ours is a 2018 and we love it.
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline yoonbokim

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »
Should I get a electric or gas conveyor dryer?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 03:19:46 PM »

Not trying to be rude or a smart-ass here, but read the first sentence in the first reply to your first post!

Plain and simple, if you can swing it, gas is better. Tends to be more even heat, and costs less to run.
Better results on waterbased and discharge.

Also, at least three folks recommended this particular gas dryer http://www.spsi.biz/screen-printing-equipment/conveyor-dryers/interchange-md-8-gas-dryer

That said, depending on what deals you can find, tens of millions of shirts have been printed just fine on electric dryers.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:22:16 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline yoonbokim

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 04:30:08 PM »

Not trying to be rude or a smart-ass here, but read the first sentence in the first reply to your first post!

Plain and simple, if you can swing it, gas is better. Tends to be more even heat, and costs less to run.
Better results on waterbased and discharge.

Also, at least three folks recommended this particular gas dryer http://www.spsi.biz/screen-printing-equipment/conveyor-dryers/interchange-md-8-gas-dryer

That said, depending on what deals you can find, tens of millions of shirts have been printed just fine on electric dryers.

Sorry bout that haha, I just saw that.

Do you guys think the MD8 would be able to handle the volume of 2 autos (b/c I plan to eventually get a 2nd auto and want to purchase a conveyor dryer that can handle 2 automatic presses)

A lot of people have the MD8 is there any specific reason?