Author Topic: warehouse  (Read 1706 times)

Offline yoonbokim

• Verified/Junior
warehouse
« on: September 18, 2018, 09:17:00 AM »
How big is your guys' warehouses?
I'm moving into mine that 30x75

Will only have 1 automatic press (workhorse sabre 8/6).
Do you think I would eventually be able to fit another automatic press in my given warehouse?

How big was your first warehouse?
Was it too big? too small?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: warehouse
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 10:09:53 AM »
started at 500, eventually expanded to 8,000, now 5,000. More lean, less wasted space. It will depend on the diameter of the press, and the space you need to walk around it, plus the length of your dryer. Make drawings of your equipment and space in Illustrator or Corel, whatever you use, and move them around to see what you can do.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 10:18:59 AM »
Hold up...you're moving into a 2,200 square foot space with an auto and you just printed your first shirt?  That takes a pair.  I wouldn't worry about a second auto until you've got the first one spinning at near capacity.

That is plenty of space for starting out.  We started in a 2 car garage. 

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 08:53:58 PM »
We got our first auto in may. We are in 1100ish square feet for production. It's hell sometimes honestly, but we manage. We currently average around 3700 impressions a day, but that is with a second half shift at night from 6 to 10. We will probably end up going to two full shifts prior to expanding honestly. Since the beginning of the year we have gone from me as a solo manual printer doing maybe 300ish impressions a day (I honestly don't remember exactly how busy we were) to me managing 8 people across 2 shifts and doing more than 10 times the volume. Crazy year...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 08:58:29 PM »
Don't overlook that you can also often utilize space above with lofts for storage, or even office space.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 12:50:50 PM »
Don't overlook that you can also often utilize space above with lofts for storage, or even office space.

However, don't block the spray pattern of the sprinkler system; years ago the fire dept.  made us take some shelving down for that reason, which made sense of course.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 10:40:47 PM »

However, don't block the spray pattern of the sprinkler system; years ago the fire dept.  made us take some shelving down for that reason, which made sense of course.

Steve
The minimum distance from the sprinkler head to storage, shelving, etc is 18".