Author Topic: dehumidifier  (Read 876 times)

Offline yoonbokim

• Verified/Junior
dehumidifier
« on: September 18, 2018, 04:23:14 PM »
I looking into purchasing a dehumidifier for my drying room.
I know I need a dehumidifier that specifically draws the humidity out of the room instead of the dehumidifiers that just exhaust the humidity into the same room.
Can someone tell me what the dehumidifier that draws the humidity out the room is called? I'm trying to search the web for it but only the regular dehumidifiers that people use in there homes come up

Thank you!
Kevin

Offline Northland

Re: dehumidifier
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 07:14:52 PM »
Kevin.... I don't know if this addresses your question. De-humidification a topic that appears regularly here, because it creates screen making issues in hot/humid shops.

There is a type of hybrid electric water heater that uses a "heat pump" to heat water.
In doing so, heat is removed from the air in the room and transferred into the water (inside the water heater)
That process cools the room and condenses moisture out of the air... resulting in a cooler & dryer room (perfect for a large screen making room, especially if used in a hot/humid climate).
The end product is heated water that can be used for any typical hot water need and water condensate that is run down the floor drain.

Here's a good video explaining how a Hybrid water heater works.... this would work well in a screen print shop that also has a need for Hot water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78cEYhjFldI
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 07:19:44 PM by Northland »