Author Topic: How many t-shirts?  (Read 1522 times)

Offline yoonbokim

• Verified/Junior
How many t-shirts?
« on: September 20, 2018, 08:57:00 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm wonder how many t-shirt you guys produce on a normal work day per hr? per day? for a simple 2-color design

I just purchased a workhorse sabre 8/6, plug n go flash, 40 inch belt 13 foot long powerhorse quartz dryer, workhorse washout booth, and a ryonet 25x36 exposure unit

How many 2-color t-shirts do you think i should be able to print per hr? per day?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: How many t-shirts?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 09:56:02 AM »
Yoon
Your are on the edge of a great journey, no one here can predict your progress, destination or the adventures you will see along the way.
In screen printing we all see the same thing from a completely different point of view so to answer your question, who knows? No two jobs or printers  are quite the same and the only way you will understand the journey is to take the first step and keep going. After the art is done, the films printed the screens are burned, the job is set up, the ink is added, the squeegees cleaned then the printing starts.
Just go print something!!!!!!!!
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 12:37:10 PM »
Moose just gave you all the answers anyone on here can give in the real world of printing, except if your talking with a sales rep or an equipment manufacturer, they will give what the equipment should do and was design to do if everything is perfect in your shop..are you perfect in your shop? ;)  Happy printing
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 04:01:41 PM »
If you are running as 1 man with the printed shirts falling into a box it will take longer to sort and stack than print. If you can schedule all printing 1 or 2 days a week and bring in a puller and catcher you will be far more efficient/profitable than running by yourself. JMO
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 04:39:08 PM »
i can solo load/unload on our Sabre 8/10 at 35 to 40 dozen all day long (depends a little on shirt style and size).  As others have posted, even solo loading/unloading you will produce shirts faster than you can sort and stack shirts from a bin so get a catcher at the end of your dryer ASAP!

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 04:50:47 PM »
If you are running as 1 man with the printed shirts falling into a box it will take longer to sort and stack than print. If you can schedule all printing 1 or 2 days a week and bring in a puller and catcher you will be far more efficient/profitable than running by yourself. JMO

Absolutely true. Even on a manual, it's much more efficient if the shirts are stacked as you go, no messy piles accumulate, and the order is ready to box when the printing is done. Mutliply this many times over with an automatic.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 05:13:09 PM »
you will soon find out that printing only consumes 10-20% of your workload. It's the sales (taking the orders and customer service), prepping the art, burning the screens, registering the job on press, sorting out the and boxing shirts, delivering or filling out the UPS forms for shipping will consume significantly more than the actual printing. Your press is capable of producing several hundred shirts per hour, but you will need a large support crew to get that out of it.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!