Author Topic: How would you print over these collars?  (Read 545 times)

Offline Cole

How would you print over these collars?
« on: September 26, 2018, 09:47:01 AM »
Hey all,

I have a customer that wants me to print this on v necks. Obviously I can see the collar being an issue. I will be running it on my Sabre with discharge ink. I think that's my best shot at success, but I wanted to see if there were any tricks of the trade that I should consider before running my test. Any suggestions as far as off contact, squeegee angle, or speed would be much appreciated.

Image of the artwork and placement is attached.

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: How would you print over these collars?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 11:04:12 AM »
On my manual, I either shim existing boards with rubber, or, if justified, use special boards.
However, many would just print away as you seem to have at least 1" clearance from print to seam. I would, however, reinforce the screen with tape where it contacts the raised seam.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 11:52:37 AM »
Also helps to slightly distress the art just a bit. Gives it a vintage look and since the shirts are not all sewn exactly the same if there are any issues on a few it might match the art if that makes sense.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 02:23:02 PM »
I have a sheet of 1/8 paneling white board on one side and brown press board on the back side.
I can quickly cut 1 or all 6 pieces to shim up the specific garment like Frog said. I hit both sides of the shim with water base tac, back side to stick to the pallet, top side to hold the shirt. Over time I have made bunches of these and often get to reuse them.
typical sheet i find is 4 x 8 but the examples here will work also.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/47-75-in-x-7-98-ft-Smooth-White-Hardboard-Wall-Panel/3015239
https://www.lowes.com/pd/24-in-W-x-36-in-H-Dry-Erase-Board/1000380577

mikemoose
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.