Author Topic: New warehouse pictures  (Read 682 times)

Offline yoonbokim

• Verified/Junior
New warehouse pictures
« on: September 29, 2018, 08:39:48 AM »
Hey guys,

We officially moved into our warehouse yesterday!
Still a lot to set up. My sabre, plug n go, and conveyor are all coming in next Tuesday. Already set up my air compressor and air dryer because it came earlier.

The first picture is the front of the warehouse (picture was taken from the back of the ware house)
- the tape on the floor is where i plan to put the sabre

The second picture is the back of the warehouse (picture was taken from the front of the warehouse)

- plan to use the office room as a dark room

Any tips, advice, or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!
Kevin

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: New warehouse pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 10:34:53 AM »
Hi, Looks great.
You have been asking a lot of questions, I would advise two things.
1 Try and visit other printers, good, established printers.    There are a lot on TSB that I am sure would let you visit their plants.      You learn a lot by seeing how others do things.
2 Go to a ISS show, preferrably a big one like Long Beach, sign up for all the lectures you can.     Guys like Charlie Taubleib, Greg Kitson, etc can teach you a lot in a short time.
Walk the flaw, ask questions, all the dealers are there to answer and advise you.
Good luck.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Prince Art

Re: New warehouse pictures
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 10:50:16 AM »
There was a thread here awhile back where people posted shots of the inside of their production areas. Search & check those out for ideas. When you set up, consider workflow for ALL of the various tasks you have during production, and try to make the most efficient work flow possible. Put your work stations in logical order, so that you flow from one to another with as few steps & as little criss-crossing as possible. (Think of this overall, and also in terms of each group of tasks per position.)

Tip: Make sure your work surfaces (Table, press platens, etc) are at a comfortable work height! Our stacking/sorting tables are just standard folding tables, but we've got them on 6" risers. Little things like that go a long way.
Nice guys laugh last.