Author Topic: plumbing quote  (Read 1239 times)

Offline yoonbokim

• Verified/Junior
plumbing quote
« on: September 29, 2018, 08:44:51 AM »
Hello~

Anyone here install and air line from the air compressor to the air dryer. and then another one from the air dryer to their automatic?
I just got a quote from the plumbing company for $2,600.00

Am I being over charged?

Thanks guys!
Kevin

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: plumbing quote
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 09:58:27 AM »
We just installed commercial, heavy duty hoses. Much cheaper and you can do it yourself.
These are not your $50 HF or Lowes hoses. We paid $400 for one, but that much better than $3k.

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 10:14:22 AM »
Hello~

Anyone here install and air line from the air compressor to the air dryer. and then another one from the air dryer to their automatic?

Am I being over charged?

Thanks guys!
Kevin

Get another few estimates to get an idea if the first guy was out of line or not.
Granted, it was more of an emergency, but I just had a water heater repair, and paid $200 for 30 minutes labor.
There is a history behind the old brain surgeon turned plumber joke.
If you can't do it yourself, or have a handyman getting handyman level pay, plumbers get what plumbers get.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 12:21:53 AM »
Hello~

Am I being over charged?

Thanks guys!
Kevin
That sounds very high. I think we paid around $600 and we are located in a very expensive to live and operate country.
I recommend as well the heavy duty hoses though.

Offline DonR

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 08:50:24 AM »
Ingersoll Rand has a pipe system that snaps together. The connectors are just like the ones used to connect air hoses on your press. Cut the pipe to the length you want. Put the connected on the end and attached the next pipe. If you need to change around where your air goes in a year or two, you can just disconnect the pipes and move as needed using the same pipes.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 09:30:40 AM »
Yoon,
I have a question for you please , purly for my own interest and confusion.
What brought you to focus on screen printing as a business endevor given what appears to be , I mean this without malice honestly, very little experience or exposure to the entire process.
Obviously you have no obligation to answer this it is simply something I have been asking myself after reading through posts here.
Totally with respect and throughly confused.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Online Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 10:07:07 AM »
I know I'm going to get some criticism here but from the chiller to the press, we used 1 inch pvc glued together with the pvc glue.  It's been going strong since 08'.  I am planning on going with the pipe in the future.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 11:27:37 AM »

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 05:34:59 PM »
Order some 1" or 3/4" pneumatic hoses off amazon and get some galvanized fittings. Wayy cheaper. Have a guy that ran a 4 auto shop and swears by it.

We've got 1.5" copper in ours.
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline prozyan

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 08:34:16 PM »
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Online dsh

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 03:10:27 AM »
RapidAir also

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 07:41:47 AM »
Order some 1" or 3/4" pneumatic hoses off amazon and get some galvanized fittings. Wayy cheaper. Have a guy that ran a 4 auto shop and swears by it.

We've got 1.5" copper in ours.

Long time ago, for my first auto, I went to granger and bought a box of 1" rubber air line hose, you can get the fittings at any hardware store (barbed on one end for clamps) Had enough left over and stuck it in a corner. 11 years later and in a different building I took all that hose and I'm still using it, multi auto's now. Works great and it's cheep. If I had to guess it was a long time ago. Hose, fittings, clamps...All in at around $500ish.
Hoogie...

Offline Admiral

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 11:49:41 AM »
http://airpipeusa.com/ for me.  Like RapidAir but more industrial imo.  We installed it ourselves (mostly me), unfortunately it takes a lot of time to install in 32,000ft^2 (doesn't run the whole building luckily) but was worth it - any modifications / editions / expansions we can do ourselves easily. 

I would look into doing it yourself with an aluminum system or the 3/4 maxline like posted.  Better for the air and now you can control it for expanding / changes.