Author Topic: Modulator Valve on Gas Dryer Replacement  (Read 465 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Modulator Valve on Gas Dryer Replacement
« on: October 04, 2018, 10:54:44 AM »
Hey, so tomorrow our gas guy is stopping by to replace a sticky modulator valve on our gas dryer. After talking with the manufacturer it seems pretty straight forward but knowing how things seem to happen when least expected is there anything I should be aware of? Yes, I know to disconnect the gas haha. But seriously, anything that I can possibly overlook please let me know. I know many other people on here have had to do this so now is the time for stories please if you have them. We really need to make the switch out quick as possible. Thank you!

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: Modulator Valve on Gas Dryer Replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 11:40:26 AM »
on our Raypaul and Anatol Mariah dryers i have turned off the gas while the dryer was on so that it uses all the gas in the pipe - ensures that the correct gas valve was turned off.  use a valve lock and tag to ensure the valve cant be accidentally turned on while working on the dryer.

i have removed, cleaned, and reassembled the burners on our Mariah dryer, and the procedure above seemed to work okay for us.

five years ago i had the Maxitrol M611 modulating gas valve changed on our Raypaul.  i ordered the part and my friend that works on gas and oil came in and swapped the valves.  nothing unexpected happened.  he took the gas train out, removed the old valve and put the new one in.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Modulator Valve on Gas Dryer Replacement
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 03:00:24 PM »
if it's like ours, mark all the settings before you take it apart. We noticed slight creep on the valve settings over the years so label anything that's adjustable.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!