Author Topic: BROTHER GTX-GOOD STUFF. GOT A REGISTRATION ISSUE THOUGH  (Read 1553 times)

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
BROTHER GTX-GOOD STUFF. GOT A REGISTRATION ISSUE THOUGH
« on: October 04, 2018, 05:52:45 PM »
Hey Guys,
  We have been running the GTX for a few weeks now and really enjoy it. The maint. is not that bad and the printer tells you when you need to do what. The prints look good and wash well. Ink is a little pricey but all in all I like the machine. I am having one strange issue. Near the top of nearly all my print s the white sticks out a little on the bottom side of the design. It is most visible near the top of the design and cleans itself up near the bottom. This is consistent. It seems like the shirt must be shifting during the print but I don't feel like we are stretching it at all. Anybody else have this issue? Any solutions?
Thanks,
Tom

Offline shaneds

• Verified/Junior
Re: BROTHER GTX-GOOD STUFF. GOT A REGISTRATION ISSUE THOUGH
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 07:12:38 PM »
are you using the gripper pallet add ons?

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 09:53:40 AM »
Hmmm....not sure what that is. I tried using some office type clamps on the top and got mixed results.

Offline JJPrint

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 10:04:01 AM »
We have been using the GTX for a few months and it does print well.  We have found the maintenance does go through lots of ink, but the more you use daily the costs are mitigated.  Try realignment (white/color alignment).  You can also choke back the UB from the RIP or light spray tack (might suggest removing the platen from machine to spray), also make sure platen is tight in the holder.

Offline shaneds

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 12:45:20 PM »
This makes a big difference for registration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRkCdCxB7nM

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 03:13:46 PM »
Thanks.....got the gripper in and it helped a lot. Still not always perfect but I'm sure we will get better.
Tom