Author Topic: S Mesh give Up!!  (Read 5450 times)

Offline CBCB

• !!!
Re: S Mesh give Up!!
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2018, 09:19:28 AM »
We have been popping a ton of them. Shipping from the west coast sucks. Wishing there was a stretching service nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2018, 09:23:37 AM »
Lol no ! We only give one way free shipping  next time you need to send in frames I can quote you what it would be to ship  them on our ups account. Sorry I was logged into Brannon account when I responded. I
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 09:30:24 AM by scott316 »
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2018, 09:31:28 AM »
Lol no ! We only give one way free shipping it next time you need to send in frames I can quote you what it would be to ship  them on our ups account. Sorry I was logged into Brannon account when I responded. I

You know I am just forking with ya! Yall are the best, we go through tons of screens and they hold up well, if people are popping them, more than likely its carelessness, from my experience anyway.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2018, 11:37:31 AM »
For years I used regular Saati  T mesh and got pretty good results with not too many screens popping.
Over the last year I've been switching to S type mesh, I use NBC because that's whats available here.      At first I stretched 150 to about 28n, had them popping all the time.
(We stretch in house), I now stretch to 22n and get a good result and they last a lot longer.
I haven't done this long enough to see how fast the tension will drop.    I replace screens when they get to 15n.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2018, 12:58:13 PM »
I washed out 2 screens yesterday and let them rest on each other, and my pressman came in this morning and they dried on themselves.  So instead of just reclaiming them and burning 2 new screens, he tried to pry them apart.  Popped both of them.  They were brand new and hadnt even put ink in the frame once.

Im a little miffed.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2018, 01:27:30 PM »
I've not had one pop on press yet (knock on wood) but I've had them pop during reclaim and once I had laid one down getting ready to remove the ink and zip!! it went, could have had a pinhole or laid it on top of  something....maybe I will get a few more since I'm trying to faze out all my old woods frames.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2018, 12:16:42 PM »
Eric, I'll let you know, I should be getting a box in soon.  Maybe tomorrow?

I plan on testing them all as we are a bit slow.

Clearly, I overestimated how fast these were coming back to me... totally my fault.

I just measured all 11 screens (135, 150, and 225's).

From 21-26 with the majority of that bell curve on 24 and some change.  The 21 was on a 135 and the 26+ was on a 150, I also had another 225 at 26 but just about everything else was a solid 24 and some change.

I'm happy.