Author Topic: How often do you guys redo pallet tape on your automatic presses?  (Read 896 times)

Offline Fleetee

• Verified/Junior
How often do you guys redo the pallet tape on your automatic press? What are some signs that you should change them? To my understanding, I would rarely have to change them but what causes one to redo the pallet tape? Is it simply just by the eye test if it seems like the pallet tape is peeling off?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: How often do you guys redo pallet tape on your automatic presses?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 09:38:26 AM »
Hoodies using web adhesive..

When we do a tester and the print doesn't look good we change. I do try to group hoody orders together when planning if I can.

And most likely before printing on dri fits. Any lint bumps make it look like crap

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 11:05:34 AM »
Like whitewater, we change our pallet tape after a hoodie order is printed to much lint and junk left on the pallet, plus I don't leave pallet tape on for long periods of time.  I got some used pallets where they left it on to long and it's very hard to remove the tape, but it's up to you whenever you want to change it, some might change there's after every long run to have a smooth print surface.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 12:43:34 PM »
One press got paper changed twice yesterday. Multiple location jobs with fleece and shirts are the worst.

But barring that you probably get about 500 prints per pallet before it starts getting iffy. As was said, it can
take less time to change now than to wait a week.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 01:12:01 PM »
Simply, when they have too much fuzz on them. If you're printing performance t's, you get a lot of mileage, if printing sweatshirts, you get a lot less. How much is too much? Look at your print quality to start...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 02:18:45 PM »
I try to do it 1-2 times per month depending on how much fleece is printed. I feel like if it's on too long it becomes harder to remove.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 02:21:46 PM »
Depends on the mix of garments we are doing. Sometimes 1-2 times a day. Other times several days. If we do a bunch of hoodies its gotta be done.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube