Author Topic: "Yeah, there are two different reds in there." Cool, thanks!  (Read 914 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
"Yeah, there are two different reds in there." Cool, thanks!
« on: October 16, 2018, 04:00:59 PM »
Just got a 3 color job 500 pcs... cool.

I'm looking at the EPS and it's calling for the store's "cmyk red" and a 186 red on two different elements.  It also had a black and white, but the shirt is black.

So I said "Did you want to print black on here or is that for these two reds which are REALLY close?"

Bruh... some people.

Ran the CMYK > PMS script... it tells me "their red" is 186.  This should be fun mixing by eye.  At least when I'm done, I'll just dump it all in my Scarlet bucket and mix it back up. :)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: "Yeah, there are two different reds in there." Cool, thanks!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 04:15:07 PM »
that 12% C makes or breaks the color, come on man  ::)

To me, it's like Pantone matching....sure, fine, it helps identifying which color you want but don't tell me there is a difference between 545 and 544...Go outside and look at it in the sun it will be a whole new color. It's a power thing, they like to control.....red is friggen red.... ;D
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: "Yeah, there are two different reds in there." Cool, thanks!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 04:30:11 PM »
that 12% C makes or breaks the color, come on man  ::)

To me, it's like Pantone matching....sure, fine, it helps identifying which color you want but don't tell me there is a difference between 545 and 544...Go outside and look at it in the sun it will be a whole new color. It's a power thing, they like to control.....red is friggen red.... ;D

They are paying for the color, so no skin off my back.

Just dumb.