Author Topic: Wedding ring  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
Wedding ring
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:51:58 PM »
Just tied the knot and am wondering if anyone has issues wearing a solid band while manually printing?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Wedding ring
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 09:11:39 PM »
Congrats.
I've been married for 37 years, and do not wear a ring. Going back to mechanical and machine shop work all the way back to high school, to my present tinkering and power tool use, I just found that they can snag and possibly create a danger.
If all you are doing is pushing a squeegee, probably little risk, but, in general, I found that my mechanical background often was put to use in this field. I may for you as well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 12:07:52 AM »
Married 50 years and also do not wear a ring.  My reasons goes back to the late 60s when I was a computer operator and the ring caused dents in the tops of the computer cards when jostling them following sorting, etc which made them prone to card reader feed problems. 

Like Andy though, I can't think of any reason that would cause you a problem in this field.  Not to mention, it would keep peace in the family if you kept it on......trust me on this.

Congrats, by the way.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 05:38:01 AM »
married but no ring
however that is not your problem. You will need to re-arrange all your equipment or get a longer chain.
mooseman, ..........running to the end of my chain and barking for 26 years
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline dsh

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 05:46:54 AM »
No ring for 49 years, from electronic repair days in the service.  It was always uncomfortable to wear as it had to be too big to get over the knuckle, and when I lost it, I left it gone.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 05:52:54 AM »
married 12 years, wore my ring for like a week....I bought one of those silicone jammies thinking it would be more comfortable....nope!

don't worry, you'll catch hell for not wearing it but you're married now so eeeeeeverything you do is wrong anyway, so...welcome to the dark side...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 06:38:25 AM »
  36 years here and everything everybody said except I do wear a small band. It is
mainly just symbolic and is a small one but it is there and there it stays if I want it
to be 37.

Offline StinkyDaddy

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 06:54:49 AM »
Married 24 years, I stopped wearing mine recently. More of an issue with the chemicals getting under the ring and irritating/redness. Wife told me to stop wearing it...

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 08:06:43 AM »
I've been married 17 years. I stopped wearing mine 10 or so years ago. My reason is because my ring shrank. It is funny my clothes are all shrinking too. :D
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 08:14:28 AM »
Married 10 years and 1 month.  I wear my ring...but I don't print much and I sure as heck don't manually print much.

If I am messing with chemicals I take it off, or more importantly, WEAR GLOVES.  Your skin is your biggest organ and you will absorb stuff through it.  I used to not care as much, but now I sweat my nuggets off when I do blood work at my yearly physical hoping they don't find something wrong.

Back to the ring, I have a comfort fit ring, the inside that touches my finger convex and the rim isn't squared off, so it hardly feels like I am wearing anything.

Offline Croft

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 09:28:06 AM »
no ring, after loosing 2 i gave up, personally hate wearing watches jewellery etc.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 09:51:39 AM »
 12 Years here , im not a fan of rings, so when my wife lost her ring, and I bought another, and she lost that one too, I don't get crap for not wearing one!

Offline easyrider1340

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 10:12:47 AM »
I’ve had a couple of gold wedding bands.  But they’ve been destroyed by power tools, drumming, etc.  my wife bought me a rubber/silicone style from Amazon.  It has worked well - withstands continuous abuse - and its black, which is the new gold. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 10:24:52 AM »
Well, what might separate me from the rest of you guys is that I am such a fine catch that I need to make it obvious I am taken.

I couldn't help it.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 10:59:30 AM »
...issues wearing a solid band while manually printing?

Nope. But as has been said, don't let chemicals seep under there & stay very long. If that happens, take the ring off & wash it + your hands thoroughly.

Beyond that, congratulations! Now do everything in your power to happily hit the numbers some of the guys here have. 49, 50 years - that's the way to do it.
Nice guys laugh last.