Author Topic: CMYK on a black sweatshirt?  (Read 2785 times)

Online rusty

CMYK on a black sweatshirt?
« on: January 24, 2019, 03:22:27 PM »
as the way things go in this industry... A customer asked about a full color print on a white shirt as a sample. Ends up the image would look best as a CMYK with a one color spot for a big surface area.

Price it out, sample charge, seps etc and we are all good.

Client sends order and suddenly the image is on a black sweatshirt?!?

I know I can put an underbase, but I anticipate nothing but problems, especially with ink deposit on the surface.

Before I tell the client to go *&!* themselves I am just curious what others do if they have to print cmyk on a black sweatshirt.

The main image is basically a bouquet fo flowers and we are printing on a 7/8 diamondback.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: CMYK on a black sweatshirt?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 04:13:20 PM »
Making sure to pass along all additional costs, have it sepped by someone who knows that it will now be simulated process on a white base.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online rusty

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 04:29:28 PM »
Making sure to pass along all additional costs, have it sepped by someone who knows that it will now be simulated process on a white base.

Absolutely. I've lost at that game before. I'm making sure to love by two quotes I got off this board:

"If you hate the job you're doing you're not charging enough"

Don't take on work to be busy, take on work to make money, or something like that.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 08:35:17 AM »
How did you sep it? You may be able to create the base easily enough. Don't be afraid of sweatshirts, true they don't come out quite as nice as thinner materials, but they should still look great. We did a 500 piece run for a local labor union on Carhartt hoodies in December, of an eagle in flight with a tattered US flag, sim process, 7 colors and 2 flashes, and they were very pleased. Test a little, but go for it for sure.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 05:18:31 AM »
Hint...….sim process