screen printing > 4 Color and Simulated Process Printing

squeegee angle/pressure for cmyk?

(1/3) > >>

rusty:
Hey, we are starting to do more CMYK and was curious on other peoples squeegee angles and pressure. As of now I am at around 55 pressure and almost straight down for squeegee angle. Doing 400 pieces today so any suggestions is helpful for best results.

I am printing on a diamondback on 305 screens

Thanks in advance

Dottonedan:
High pressure bothers me. 55 to me is on the higher end.  I’d like to be down near 40 with 1/16 off contact depending on the garment type. This is part of the recipe for printing up on top of the shirt and not down into it. If high pressure, you are losing Image definition by smashing the print and dots into each other. May be blending (too much) IMO.

Tight screens (all very similar in tension).

rusty:

--- Quote from: Dottonedan on October 25, 2018, 12:04:21 PM ---High pressure bothers me. 55 to me is on the higher end.  I’d like to be down near 40 with 1/16 off contact depending on the garment type. This is part of the recipe for printing up on top of the shirt and not down into it. If high pressure, you are losing Image definition by smashing the print and dots into each other. May be blending (too much) IMO.

Tight screens (all very similar in tension).

--- End quote ---

I'll give that a shot

3Deep:
Very loaded question, that has too many answers, but the best advice I can give you is very sharp squeegee's 70/90/70, very tight screens 25n's and up, 230 mesh ct and up, good art seps, good inks other than that trial and error,  good luck to ya

rusty:
yeah, I am not expecting specific answers, just kinda looking for references to save some time

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version