Author Topic: Printing times on dark and light shirts  (Read 600 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Printing times on dark and light shirts
« on: October 26, 2018, 09:52:31 AM »
The way we set up our printing time on dark fabrics is much longer than on light, mainly because of double strokes, flashes, etc.
I think that maybe if we set up differently there wouldn't be much difference, I'm interesting in hearing if this is our problem or that's how it is.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Printing times on dark and light shirts
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 09:59:20 AM »
I think that on most autos, set up correctly, and assuming enough heads, the only difference would be adding an additional screen. The only slowdown I see is if you have to slow down the press to accommodate a slower flash time.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 10:26:40 AM »
we don't compare times for "printing on dark" vs "printing on light"

but we DO compare times for "once around the press" vs "more than once around"

incentivizes you to do what you can TO only go around once. not always possible, but 2X around a far bigger time suck than any other print process.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 02:46:49 PM »
Good inks should have your flash times down and stroke speed up, then as stated, as long as you print two whites then you should be able to stay on par.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 01:14:55 PM »
On runs over 50 or so print time is the same. The only time it takes longer on darks is on low volume after downtimes when the flashes and pallets have cooled down and there isn't enough time to make warming them while you stage shirts or add ink make sense. Staging 24 shirts and inking 2 screens isn't enough time to justify running a warm pallet mode usually vs just increasing flash time, at least for us.