Author Topic: Gas Dryer Over Shooting Temp  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Gas Dryer Over Shooting Temp
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
I am currently going with the gas coming into the building. The dryer is back to normal after a day or two of weirdness as predicted. Again it only happens every few months, hot or cold months doesn't matter. And only for a couple of days and back to normal. I am keeping track of the construction that's going on all around us and it memory serves me correctly it seems to happen when they are doing something. But I could be wrong. Time will tell. Thanks everyone!

Bruh...  it's NOLA.

Do you expect ANYTHING to work?   ;D

That's the thing. I'm used to it but when I try to explain to others that this city / Parish / and basically State is borderline 2nd World or a 3rd World one that works for the most part people do not understand. Do you live in a city where every other week you have to boil your water to brush your teeth? Going out to eat? Don't drink the water or ice cubes. Sucks you can't shower for one, two, maybe three days. I have seen 3 cars be sucked into sinkholes just last year. 1 in our neighborhood. Someone gets murdered here every 24 hours. The power goes out every other week. I can go on and on and on. Getting permits and so forth? Hahahaha

Well, to paint NOT such a gloomy picture.

I'm there every weekend and I drink the water at restaurants all the time. :p  Now, granted, I did go to Lagers in Metairie a couple of weekends ago and there was a SLUG (the living kind) floating in my ice water.  I fished it out, set it on the menu (it was still alive) and then we all left.  I pulled the waiter aside when leaving to let him know why we were walking out.  "Is there anything I can do?"   Ummm... nah son. ;)

We currently live in Irish Channel, used to live near Broad and St. Bernard (9th ward) and we never experience power outages or are under boil advisories.

Now... if it's gonna rain harder than a sprinkle, then you better get where you are going or you might be driving through flooded streets!

And don't get me started on the state of the roads!

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 11:07:20 AM »
You live here? I thought you were in Baton Rouge or Houma or somewhere? Where is your shop???

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 11:22:19 AM »
Does anyone know about gas infrastructure? Basically how the system works when construction is going on? I am assuming after the safety protocols it (pressure) should still be fine in surrounding neighborhoods but I know zero about this. And I would assume if it would be running at a lower pressure they would inform everyone but this is New Orleans so not too sure about that. Do they even have to inform the public about anything unless it is shut off? Just attempting to have a better understanding of how gas works coming into the building from a system under strain. Thanks everyone

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 12:11:29 PM »
Yes, they would have to notify you of any changes, at least here they would. I know the crooked crescent can be a little different on these things.
There are likely businesses in your area running process machinery that would be damaged/damage product if gas pressure
changes. Also, with construction, I would expect shutoffs, not spikes.

I would look at your pid and thermocouple, that's the first thing I would suspect, and both are cheap enough to just replace.
Much cheaper than a modulating valve at any rate.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 03:15:58 PM »
You live here? I thought you were in Baton Rouge or Houma or somewhere? Where is your shop???

TECHNICALLY wife lives there... I just live there on weekends.

I and my shop are in Lafayette.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 09:31:16 PM »

Bruh...  it's NOLA.

Isn’t it Kenner?  If so, it’s “Kenna BRAH”.  You northerners up-state.  Tsk tsk.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 12:34:21 PM »

Bruh...  it's NOLA.

Isn’t it Kenner?  If so, it’s “Kenna BRAH”.  You northerners up-state.  Tsk tsk.

WOAH Cheif... just because YOU put tomatoes in YOUR gumbo, don't come put that trash on me!

I'm SOUTH of I-10... Now, if you are NORTH of I-10... 100% Yankee!

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2018, 09:55:38 AM »
So day two of another city wide water boil in the East Bank so that is the French Quarter, Uptown, Midcity, Treme, Bywater and so forth. Most of the big tourist hot spots. Oh, and the Saints are playing Philly today. Here. That's a lot of smelly people at the game with no showers. All it took for the city to loose safe water was someone accidentally hit a power pole going into the plant. So basically the water plant for the city has no back up generator that kicks on or even one they can hook up to the system. Nope, just boil your water till Monday. Can't fix it today brah the Saints are playing!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2018, 10:35:57 AM »
So day two of another city wide water boil in the East Bank so that is the French Quarter, Uptown, Midcity, Treme, Bywater and so forth. Most of the big tourist hot spots. Oh, and the Saints are playing Philly today. Here. That's a lot of smelly people at the game with no showers. All it took for the city to loose safe water was someone accidentally hit a power pole going into the plant. So basically the water plant for the city has no back up generator that kicks on or even one they can hook up to the system. Nope, just boil your water till Monday. Can't fix it today brah the Saints are playing!

I was just coming on here to say "Hey, we are in a water boil advisory now."  My first one.

Won't lie, seems pretty excessive because low pressure means that some groundwater might have leaked in.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2018, 11:49:16 AM »
It's pretty serious. If you have ever been hospitalized from an infection or have had food poisoning the results can be similar if drinking dirty water. When the pressure drops and the outside water gets in it can bring along some nasty bacteria to your house, restaurant, place of work and so on. But anyway I'm just pointing out a simple power line went out and the whole city gets screwed. Therefore having a spotty gas line coming into our building is of no surprise now. I personally love New Orleans but it can be challenging to do business here from an infrastructure point of view. Amazon would never come here hahaha!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2018, 02:19:03 PM »
100% agree... I'm just doing the math on this... what are the parts per million of these contaminations?

Not saying it's worth the risk, but I wonder how much of it is CYA vs real danger.