Author Topic: Production program - looks amazing  (Read 10265 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Production program - looks amazing
« on: October 30, 2018, 08:35:16 AM »
Someone recommended this program to me, looks great and is cheap.
I am testing and looks like I'll start using it.
On their www they have youtube of a silk screen printer in Portland who is using it.
Is anybody else on TSB using it?

https://monday.com/
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Production program - looks amazing
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 09:37:01 AM »
we've been testing it. It's pretty neat. it's about to get better, when they introduce some new features shortly.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 10:07:44 AM »
Looks pretty good, as a matter of fact it looks a lot better the Trello which we are using at the moment.

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 02:33:59 PM »
We started using it a month ago and we are fully integrated with it now, it has been great for us!  Before this we were using Google Calendar and I really loved our previous system.  Google Calendar was great for me since I could have so many calendars shared or not shared with others.  I had my own daily to-do calendar (hand out paychecks), my personal calendar (dentist appt) and my wife's calendar (on call tonight) all meshed in with the work calendar.  I was having a hard time with Monday.com at first since I had to switch back and forth between the Monday system and my personal calendar.  However we eventually figured out that Monday will sync with google Calendar and that sealed the deal for me. 

We went for the $1500/yr plan, I bet we will be more efficient to recoup that cost.  If you do sign up their sales rep gave us the code 10PEROFF for 10% off.

You can also email them to become Beta testers and they will unlock new features for you that might be buggy.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 06:46:03 AM »
We use it too, as Rob and Eric know. It's amazingly simple and effective. Sign up for the trial. It's free and no credit card required.

Offline Flash Ink

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 12:29:22 PM »
So would you guys say that it has all of the features that Printavo has plus some? We are currently using Printavo and are not thrilled with their support and features.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 12:37:12 PM »
So would you guys say that it has all of the features that Printavo has plus some? We are currently using Printavo and are not thrilled with their support and features.

It's a tool that works in conjunction with it. It doesn't replace printavo.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 01:16:16 PM »
Monday was what we used before Printavo and I prefer Printavo.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 03:31:02 PM »
We started using it this week, so far its an adjustment but love it. We are big enough now its hard to figure out where we are on things like sorting/ordering/screens/etc so its already starting to come together and we are just 3 days in of use.

Our embroidery operator will probably kill me when i have them start using it.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 06:12:03 AM »
We started using it this week, so far its an adjustment but love it. We are big enough now its hard to figure out where we are on things like sorting/ordering/screens/etc so its already starting to come together and we are just 3 days in of use.

Our embroidery operator will probably kill me when i have them start using it.

Our embroidery department is using it here. The sew sheet, .dst, proofs, notes, etc are all put in Monday. The machine op has everything she needs which has freed me up considerably.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 07:14:54 AM »
Looks pretty good, as a matter of fact it looks a lot better the Trello which we are using at the moment.

We are using Trello too! What is making you think it’s better than Trello? We love our boards but I’m always look at what’s next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 12:55:27 AM »
We are running the 2 week rest and the more I see the more I like it.
We now right down printing times, this program has a timer.   You click on it when you start and again when you finish, it records the time.     If you want to you can enter total time.       With the timer program cost $120 a month, I think it’s well worth it and this includes unlimited storage.
I also like the fact that you can have as many boards as you want so you can use it for production, sales, task management, whatever you want.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 08:03:06 AM »

We are using Trello too! What is making you think it’s better than Trello? We love our boards but I’m always look at what’s next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a more detailed post you got blank page when submitting. Monday is very robust yet simple at the same time. It gives a complete workflow for every task, for every job, in the process. This is our general flow.

1) Order arrives and is entered into Monday.
2) Goods are checked in and logged.
3) Proofs are generated and submitted for approval.
4) Once approved film is printed.
5) The screen room instantly knows that screens are needed.
6) Once burned the press ops know what goes on the press next.
7) Once completed the run order is filled out and move to the Complete board.
 8) The job is invoice and the pulse is archived.

Proofs, run orders, notes are all stored with the pulse/job. On a reprint you simply unarchive the pulse and all of that data is restored. The program is much deeper than this but it should give you a basic overview.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 08:08:04 AM by 1964GN »

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 08:06:06 AM »
Screen shots attached

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 10:27:10 AM »
This looks cool but I'm wondering if there is a benefit for a smaller shop like mine with something like this. I feel like Printavo does a good enough job to keep things organized for me. I'm guessing this is more beneficial for shops with several employees for tracking production times? I'm trying to justify the cost for myself but I don't think it would be worth it since I'm just one guy.