Author Topic: Press Sheets - Google Forms?  (Read 2582 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Press Sheets - Google Forms?
« on: June 19, 2019, 04:48:36 PM »
We have been using Monday.com for the last few weeks and are moving everything to digital vs paper for production stuff and its working well in a lot of ways.  We have been using a paper form as a press sheet to capture all the on press settings (screen location, squeegee angle, pressure, speed, ink colors, notes, etc).  I would like to also make this a digital form of some kind that the loader can fill out when the job is completed, preferably on their phones or the tablet we are mounting on press.  I would love something like a google form that creates a dynamic entry we can name with the invoice number or something similar.

How are other shops managing this?

Offline rusty

Re: Press Sheets - Google Forms?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 05:43:17 PM »
I am trying to figure something like this out using editable PDFs but keep not having time. There has to be a way to do it.

I am trying to move my shop to have everything on a tablet or a phone and a pdf seems the way to do it.

Also looking for help/suggestions

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 07:03:53 AM »
I created a form with drop downs etc in excel and imported it into google sheets. We just make a copy, rename it for the job, fill it out and drop a link in monday to the shared sheet.
We share the sheet with the production department so everyone has access to it.
Once the run order sheet has been filled out we add the green check mark. Nothing get archived until the run order has been filled out.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 07:06:01 AM by 1964GN »

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 10:22:54 PM »
I have a paper form, I think it’s easier for the printer to move around the carousel when filling it in.
The screen maker also gets it first with a printed mock up and copy of the order.      He writes what screens were used.
Once we’ve finished we scan the form and save it with the graphics.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 07:25:33 AM »
We use Monday for tracking all jobs. We still have a printed paper proof moving with every job though and that same proof is digitally put on Monday.

Here is what our printed proof looks like.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 09:21:10 AM »
I have a paper form, I think it’s easier for the printer to move around the carousel when filling it in.
The screen maker also gets it first with a printed mock up and copy of the order.      He writes what screens were used.

Our form can be filled out on of a cell phone, tablet or desktop eliminating the need for printing and filling out run orders. No need to print, fill out the form, scan and put in monday. All of those additional steps are eliminated.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 10:06:27 AM »

Our form can be filled out on of a cell phone, tablet or desktop eliminating the need for printing and filling out run orders. No need to print, fill out the form, scan and put in monday. All of those additional steps are eliminated.

My only reasoning for not dumping it in Monday (digitally filling out the press sheet), is that I suspect some day someone will have a better system for us screen printers, even better than Monday.

Then id have to keep monday to get all the old stuff, or spend time saving out all the old stuff. So for now we are keeping the proofs printed as well. But always considering changing.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 03:25:13 PM »
I do agree with your thinking but the run orders are stored in the cloud using google sheets. So, only a link to the run order is in monday. I too think someone will one up monday and give us a better overall solution. I'd like to be the first beta tester :)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 03:41:42 PM »
I do agree with your thinking but the run orders are stored in the cloud using google sheets. So, only a link to the run order is in monday. I too think someone will one up monday and give us a better overall solution. I'd like to be the first beta tester :)

Me too, I had hope for Teesom, its just another Fast Manager, pretending to be more.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 04:12:53 PM »

Me too, I had hope for Teesom, its just another Fast Manager, pretending to be more.

what do you not like about teesome..... I have my own thoughts.......
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2019, 04:23:05 PM »

It doesn't really seem to do anything better than Fast Manager, other than its web based, and its more money. It seems to be buggy, doesn't have many catalogs, shows 3 different price levels which I wouldn't' want for customers. Also with how we use our payments I wouldn't want to move credit car processors and so on.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 12:37:56 PM »
Like mentioned, I don't want actual job data stored only in Monday, I want something linked that is stored in Google. Also, you can export the whole of Monday to a cvs it looks like, since it is essentially a fancy spreadsheet anyway. We mounted a tablet to the press friday and will be mounting a big ass tv next to the press on Monday so we can chromecast to it, but control on press. Even with just one day of use, it was awesome. Guys are already doing time tracking through it and press sheets are next up. Catchers are closing out jobs on their phones, and receiving and staging is being managed through it as well, also on phones. Once they get a little more accustomed to it we will probably get some cheap 7 or 10 inch tablets and toss the mobile app on them so they aren't using their own phones. We're starting to order stock through it as well and linking it to the production board with tags. That part is almost more exciting than the production management honestly since its streamlining interdepartmental stuff.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 10:31:12 AM »
Thinking out loud here on press sheets, im looking at google apps and i got to thinking, what about utilizing a voice to text app? Open app, talk about press set up / specs. Save /text / email note to customer folder for easy recall. Im sure zappier can handle something like this, maybe? 

We’re really struggling to find a program that works for screen, embroidery and sign shop. All 3 require different info and quoting needs.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 12:32:40 PM »
monday will work for that homer, at least on the production side.  we have boards setup completely differently for stickers, dtg, screenprinting, mugs, buttons, fulfillment, webstore development, stock ordering, and general shop projects.

we arent actually using it for all of those due to department preferences and general "change is hard" reasons, but it is very flexible vs all the other options ive looked at.

quoting is a different story, but in my opinion that can and probably should be handled through its own software.  we use quickbooks, and have a mix of spreadsheets and inhouse developed software that handles the quoting stuff.  the biggest annoyance ive had with other solutions is their insistence on handling payment through their system vs giving you the option of handling it through quickbooks or another software.  there are things we use quickbooks for that cannot be done through a random project management solution without a lot of work and annoyance, so leaving that separate works better for us at least...

Offline brenda@teesom.com

• Always let me know how I can be of service to you!
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »
I would love any and all feedback. It's our first release and we really want to make this a program for business folks just like yourselves. Would love to give anyone interested a demo so they can see for themselves firsthand what is good or bad about the program.
Thanks all!

Brenda Doblinger
Sales Manager
JCW Software, representing www.teesom.com and www.fastmanager.com
888-728-8718, ext 402